Ready for the new Samsung Galaxy S8?

eir Kyleeir Kyle
Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 1223
Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Author

20 March 2017, 19:09

Galaxy S8 Blog created a great read where there are lots of fantastic features to look forward to. They discuss the price, the launch date, eye scanner, display, the camera, design & what to expect.

As always, GSMArena never seems to fail on their specifications (unofficial preliminary) which are worth taking a look at.

Screen Resolution - 1440 x 2960 pixels

Internal Memory - 64/128 GB, 4 GB RAM

SIM - Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meters and 30 minutes

Camera - Primary 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Features 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video 2160p@60fps, 1080p@120fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Secondary 8 MP, f/1.7, dual video call, Auto HDR

Sounds too good to be true? We will just have to wait and see then this gets launched.

If you are one of the lucky ones who get to get your hands on one first, we would love to get your feedback on this.

1 Attachment

To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • fed up
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation fed up has received from other members.

comments: 4

18 April 2017, 18:55

Lads this is absolutely brutal!! I've tried ordering it online, in store, and on the phone, and no one can process it for me and sends me to someone else. Someone from the loyalty team just told me it was sold out! Can someone PLEASE call me and help me - I'm trying to give you more money here!
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 544
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

19 April 2017, 11:54

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that we'd be unable to track orders from here. I'd recommend you to contact our care team on 1901 (freephone) & they'll be able to look into this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Angel
  • fed up
    Newbie Poster

19 April 2017, 13:52

I'm not looking to track an order. I'm looking to MAKE an order, but no one I speak to can process it. I want to upgrade my phone to the S8, but it says on your site you have to pre-order it, which I'd like to do, and no one can help me. Can you please tell me how to go about upgrading it?
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

19 April 2017, 14:11

Sorry about this.

If you get in touch with our sales team on 1800 503 303 & they'll be able to arrange this order if the product is available.

- Angel
  • fed up
    Newbie Poster

19 April 2017, 14:16

The sales team have told me they cant help me, and that I need to speak to the loyalty team. But the loyalty team told me they cant help me either. The link below tells me I can pre-order the S8, how do I do that? I want to upgrade my existing account. Not start a new one. Not order the phone on a new number. I just want to upgrade it. Please can someone call me?

https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/samsung-galaxy-s8/?utm_source=social&utm_campaign=eirgs8preorder
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

20 April 2017, 14:05

Unfortunately we are unable to arrange call-backs from here.

The best team would be Loyalty Team so please get in touch with them directly.

I'm sorry we don't have better news on this.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)