Eir Vision Go App fails when Roaming (Question)

Tags:

wailim_2002
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation wailim_2002 has received from other members.

comments: 7
Author

24 May 2017, 19:51

Hi, Eir mobile makes a big song and dance about the 1gb free roaming data etc. In truth I applaud them for it.
But on a recent trip to UK last week, I was unable to watch eir sport 1 or any other channel. App kept saying "Something went wrong.. try again". So my question is "What went wrong?"
I noticed that if i took out my Eir sim and put in a tesco mobile sim, then it worked. So... given I had no choice, I went through 600+ MB roaming data with tesco and it cost 25 euro.
Its very odd considering i had 4G and massive speeds with the Eir sim in, and lower speeds/3G with tesco.
I would like to getvto the bottom of what happened though as I do travel a few times a year and sometimes a sports bar is unavailable and so this needs to work... it should work! or at least give a better error message rather than encourage you to keep trying for hours right?
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 520
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 May 2017, 11:48

Hi Wailim_2002,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that eir sports can be watched on mobile, PC, TV only within Ireland.

I will relay your feedback to relevant team in regards to the error message.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)