Early cease charges (Solved)

GerHennessy
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation GerHennessy has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

2 March 2016, 23:14

Hello, hopefully somebody in eir will be able to resolve this issue without acrimony. Enclosed with my January bill was a contract change note which announced a price increase but which also stated that "if you would like to downgrade or withdraw from your contract, call us on Freephone 1800 303 605 within 30 days from the issue date of the enclosed bill and you can do so without penalty".
I made numerous calls to the eir loyalty department and also contacted eir at the canwehelp@eircom.ie email address to clarify that no early cease charges would apply if I switched providers within the 30 day window. Luckily I was given both verbal and written confirmation that no early cease charges would apply. I was in contract until next September but decided to exercise my right to switch to another service provider.

I got my final bill in the post today (2nd March 2016) with a bill issue date of 24th February 2016 and guess what?.
I've been hit with miscellaneous other charges as follows -
Broadband early cease charge 197.58
Voice plan subscription 11.19
Residential line early cease charge 110.74
Net 319.51
Vat @23% on 11.19 2.57
Total cease charges incl. Vat 322.08

Obviously given the assurances that I had been given I was shocked to see that rather than a final credit amount being shown on my account, eir have in fact have sent me a bill for a total amount of 219.35
Instead my account should be showing a credit of 102.73

Hopefully the inclusion of early cease changes amounting to a grand total of 322.08 was a simply administrative error. I trust that this matter can be resolved quickly and amicably.

My account number is 10070510
Solved. Read answer here:

Hello Pamela,
I just phoned customer support and they have confirmed that my account is now showing a credit balance of 100.16
Thanks again for your help. I presume that the refund will make it's way to me in a few weeks time.

P.S. If I could nominate you for employee of the year, I would!.
Ger.

View original comment
  • eir Pamelaeir Pamela
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Pamela has received from other members.

comments: 1083
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

3 March 2016, 14:50

Hi GerHennessy,

Thanks for your post. I have removed your account number from the post for the security of your account.
    I'm very sorry to hear this and the confusion it has caused.

All early cease charges are automatically generated and would then need to be manually removed. I have checked your account and these charges have been removed for you.

Pamela
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • GerHennessy
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation GerHennessy has received from other members.

Author

3 March 2016, 15:07

Hello Pamela,
    Thanks for the quick response. Could you please let me know the following -
    (1) What is the credit balance showing on the account
    (2) How soon can I expect the refund.

Thanks again,
    Ger.
  • GerHennessy
    Newbie Poster

Answer

4 March 2016, 11:10

Hello Pamela,
    I just phoned customer support and they have confirmed that my account is now showing a credit balance of 100.16
    Thanks again for your help. I presume that the refund will make it's way to me in a few weeks time.

P.S. If I could nominate you for employee of the year, I would!.
    Ger.
  • eir Aiseir Ais
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Ais has received from other members.

comments: 396

4 March 2016, 15:02

Hi GerHennessy

No worries at all. The credit will appear on next bill issued.

Glad to help.

Pamela

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)