How do I claim credit on closed account? (Question)

Tags:
credit ,

mariemc49

You can see here how much appreciation mariemc49 has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

3 July 2018, 16:13

I have been receiving bills that say my closed air account is in credit - how do I claim this?
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2203
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

3 July 2018, 17:30

Hi there Mariemc49,

Can you please PM your mobile number or account number? I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

-Vaishali
  • MaryellenCurran
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MaryellenCurran has received from other members.

comments: 2

9 July 2018, 22:04

Hi, I also have credit to claim from a previous pay as you go account. Can you help me claim it aswell please?
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

10 July 2018, 11:59

Hi there MaryellenCurran,

Unfortunately, any call credit on the account at the time of termination will be removed. eir call credit is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.

-Vaishali
  • MaryellenCurran
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MaryellenCurran has received from other members.

comments: 2

10 July 2018, 22:21

Hi Vaishali,

Its not call credit im talking about. My old account is in credit, i received a letter telling me so. I wish to claim that.

Thank you,
    Maryellen Curran
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

11 July 2018, 10:55

Can you please PM your account number or mobile number, MaryellenCurran? I'd be more than happy to check this for you.

-Vaishali
  • jfk1234
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation jfk1234 has received from other members.

comments: 1

6 August 2018, 15:51

HI

I have related issues (sorting out charges on a closed account).

I was taking care of my fathers affairs (inclusive of his landline). Sadly, he went into care last year (very traumatic) and I sadly had to cancel his landline (sent a letter to EIR) and his direct debit in October 2017. I PAID a 'final' bill in November 2017 (figured this was the last of the charges). However, in December 2017 I had ANOTHER bill present and I disputed these charges (successfully contacted EIR customer support 1901 in January 2018 as the account/number was still registered on the system). I spoke to an EIR rep and she advised that EIR would sort out the matter of charges and not to worry.
    I was told that they did not receive my cancellation notice/letter (which was strange), however it was clear that the account was closed (as the Direct Debit was cancelled etc. so I would hardly cancel a DD and not tidy up the paperwork).

I assumed that was the end of the matter until I received a 'notice of further action' in the post in July which I opened last Friday (not very happy!!). The notice was for the amount of charges outlined on the December 2017 statement!!!! It was even more annoying that the inference in the letter was that EIR had made several attempts to collect this outstanding liability (which was purportedly resolved and I had disputed in any event). This notice letter was the only contact from EIR since my communication in January 2018! I had to go back over the weekend and dig out the paperwork/bills to make sure I was not loosing my mind as well....................

I attempted to contact 1901 again today to sort out the matter only to discover that I cant get through to a human! No active account number or active phone number equals no direct EIR access (surely EIR could do something about this?). I then went online (chat) to register my attempt to make contact and in order to resolve this disputed bill. The agent advised me to call 1901! I told the agent I was chatting with that I had already tried the 1901 route, without success. I was simply advised to go to an EIR store to sort it all out!!! I gave the agent my mobile details so that a manager could make contact directly. I was then advised that 'we cant call customers!!!' (not a great advertisement for a phone/communications company!!!). I suggested they pass on my contact number to someone (a manager) that can speak to me and I just got a mantra of go 'to the store', 'go to the store', 'go to the store'.........................

In summary I tried to sort this matter out in forthright manner in January (when the disputed Dec 2017 bill was noted) and very disappointed in the response from EIR and general antics of this recent letter etc. Even as a past customer surely there should be more courtesy? (my father was a loyal customer for over 60 years, a sad way to finish that relationship and not a good way to attract a potential customer in the future!). I advised I was dealing with my fathers affairs (not the account holder) to be advised that he should make contact with EIR as the account holder!? Just crazy. What can you do............. (at this point I just terminated the conversation as it was going nowhere).

The irony is that the aforementioned landline/phone was faulty for quite a while (Nov 2017 through to Jan 2018!) as I thought that it was cancelled (and I invited EIR to send out a technician to check!!).

hopefully someone can pick up on this post in order to sort out the matter (once and for all!).

I advised the agent I would send an email (as I was simply getting nowhere) only to discover that the email system is a work in progress (its not active!!!).

Maybe someone from EIR can make contact and clear up this matter. PLEASE!? before it gets silly......................
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

7 August 2018, 10:55

Hi there Jfk1234,

Sorry for the difficulties you've been gone through. I can understand your frustration and apologise that you were unable to get the help you needed on this.

Can you please PM your following account details and I'll be happy to look into this for you?

1. Account Number,
    2. Full name,
    3. Full postal address,
    4. If I'm speaking with the account holder,
    5. Date of birth.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

10 August 2018, 18:21

Appreciate your patience, Jfk1234.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have removed the charges from your account. The disputed charges will be reflected in your next monthly bill which will be your final bill with cleared balance.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)