I have been billed on an old account (Question)

Tags:

Tullameath
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Tullameath has received from other members.

comments: 6
Author

7 December 2017, 10:43

Hi,
I have been an Eircom customer for over 10 years now and I ordered the Fibre 150 and got it installed on the 10th August 2017. I was also issued with a new account number for the new fibre 150. The old account I had is still being billed and I wondered if this was a mistake? Should the old account not have been closed?
Thanks
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 682
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

7 December 2017, 14:32

Hi Tullameath,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here & I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me with your account number & full name? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • Tullameath
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Tullameath has received from other members.

Author

7 December 2017, 15:48

Hi Vaishali,
    I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

8 December 2017, 12:17

I've received your PM and I'll respond to your PM shortly, Tullameath.

-Vaishali
  • Tullameath
    Occasional Poster

Author

8 December 2017, 12:37

I phoned the billing department this morning and I was told that the old account should have been cancelled in August 2017. I have made a payment in October 2017 to the old account, which I have been told should be credited back to me and then old account needs cancelled and the bill also cancelled.

Thanks
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

8 December 2017, 14:15

Thanks for the details, Paul.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that your old account will be cancelled within 24-48 hours and the outstanding amount will be removed as this is invalid.

-Vaishali
  • Tullameath
    Occasional Poster

Author

10 December 2017, 14:59

Hi Vaishali

I don't know what has happened but our home telephone is now not working. I cannot call out nor can I call my house number. Can you find out why and get our home telephone number working again?

Thanks
  • Tullameath
    Occasional Poster

Author

11 December 2017, 13:21

An update.

I spent over 1 hour this morning trying to get more information on this problem. All I got was being transferred between departments. I contacted customer care who asked me to contact technical support. Technical support then asked me to contact customer care. Customer care told me they could do nothing about this, only transfer me to another department!

At the end of all this I found out there is no technical problem with my landline and my account is in a migration state. Customer care asked me to call back probably on Thursday (14th Dec 2017) for an update. Meanwhile I'm without a working landline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 179
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

11 December 2017, 18:09

Thanks for getting back to us Tullameath & I'm sorry to hear that.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Can you please PM me your account number & landline number? I'll look into this for you.

-Balaji
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 December 2017, 18:05

Thanks for your patience, Tullameath.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that there is no active phone service on your account due to the migration and you'd need to reorder the landline service. I'd recommend you to contact our Customer Care team on 1901 (freephone) and they'll be able to assist you further with this.

Once your service gets activated please come back to chat and we'll credit your account for the downtime you've faced.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)