overcharged (Question)

jara
Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation jara has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

17 July 2017, 15:15

I have been overcharged significantly on my last two bills after chatting with customer services the first time I was told I went over my broadband allowance, I did not!! as i am always check it on my eir app and it never went over the EIRS UNLIMITED BROADBAND OFA "LIMITED 1TB LIMIT". This is completely unfair, not mentioning the terrible broadband i get AS being advertised as 100mb where i barely can get 18mb so there is no way i went over the limit.
I will be changing providers if this is not sorted out.:@
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 543
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 16:57

Hi Jara,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this.

Can you PM your account number and name on the account and I'll look into this for you?

- Angel
  • jara
    Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation jara has received from other members.

Author

17 July 2017, 17:28

PM sent
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 July 2017, 13:39

I've received your PM and will respond to it shortly.

- Angel
  • Frederic

You can see here how much appreciation Frederic has received from other members.

18 July 2017, 16:23

I have exactly the same issue.

I paid in general 65e, and currently my bills is around 110e !?

The end of my contract is soon, so I will cancel it as soon as possible.

In some countries in Europe, this term of contract is considered as fraud/deception.

I will prepare a petition for this "fake unlimited" and try to hide this information.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 July 2017, 17:09

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry that you feel this way.

I'll relay your feedback in relation to the contract to relevant team.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

- Angel
  • AMCQU1
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation AMCQU1 has received from other members.

comments: 2

26 July 2017, 21:26

Hello everyone,

Have always been with Eir for my landline and broadband and my bills on average were around the €65, then signed my daughter up to eir in december for a mobile deal for €20 for first six months and €30 after this, I then joined in May for €25 a month going up to €45 after first six months. Received my bill for July which was debited from my account €255.10. If my broadband and landline bundle were around €65 +€30 now for my daughters phone and €25 for my own, the bill should be around €130 but 255.10 and on my bill they are charging me €32.50 for exceeding my "unlimited " broadband limit??? Called today and dealt with a nice woman who remove excess broadband charges but something seriously wrong here...feel I have been conned. Was also charged 60.07 for my landline calls which were never this high and on top of €25 for my unlimited eir mobile with unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, unlimited texts and roaming in Europe was charged an additional €50.60
    This business of unlimited usage but its not so this is blatants false advertising!!! A very disappointed and unhappy Eir customer who wants out!!
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Isabel has received from other members.

comments: 76

27 July 2017, 12:16

Hi AMCQU1,

I have responded to you in the other thread regarding looking further into your bill.

I do apologise you feel this way about broadband usage in our terms and conditions page 5 section 5 it explains our fair usage policy.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • AMCQU1
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation AMCQU1 has received from other members.

27 July 2017, 12:25

Thanks Isabel but not good enough, given the other comments on the community seems to be happening to a lot of people.
    Appreciated dealing with the lady on the phone yesterday who removed the extra €32.50 as a one off gesture but as I said, false advertising on your behalf which I will be transmitting to Com Reg.
    Regards,
    Annette McQuillan
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Isabel has received from other members.

comments: 76

27 July 2017, 12:27

I am sorry I could not offer better news.

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • OwenMac
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation OwenMac has received from other members.

31 July 2017, 13:39

I was promices a Bundle Deal at a monthly price of €61 per month. I was charged €86 on my first bill.
    I setup my contract on 6th June and even now, 7 weeks later, I still don't have a TV service and only unreliable broadband.

Setting up an bundle account with EIR has been one of the worst Customer Service experiences I have ever endured. The promise and sell the earth moon and stars, but can't even get the simpllest of thisgs right.
    After weeks and weeks of loosing time holding for next available operator, I finally have a case Ref 2666545.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

31 July 2017, 14:27

Hi OwenMac,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've responded to your other thread.

- Angel
  • vk300
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation vk300 has received from other members.

1 August 2017, 05:52

I have pretty much the same problem as previous comments was not aware unlimited broadband with tag line means absolutely unlimited as advertised on eir Facebook page has fair usage policy but like first comments I'm been charged €35 over usage even though my app has 800 mbites did online chat twice & was told this was a mistake & bill would be rectified no change was made so made third attempt & was fairly abruptly that bill would not be changed & didn't really want to know about previous conversations about admission of mistake to bill at this stage it is cheaper just to be robbed by eir than spend any more time trying to get bill corrected
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

1 August 2017, 11:23

Hi Vk300,

Thanks for getting in touch and really sorry that you feel this way.

eir Fibre packages with an unlimited usage allowance are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB per month. Usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50 inc VAT for every 10GB up to a maximum of €100 inc VAT per month.

You can check our terms and conditions for fair usage policy here .

If you've any issues with your bill, please PM your account number and name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

- Angel
  • vk300
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation vk300 has received from other members.

1 August 2017, 19:30

Hi Angel
    I feel this way because I have not exceeded the 1TB as I told 2 online eir workers & they were in agreement & told me my bill would be corrected when it was not third online chat person pretty much had the same attitude so yourself if I had a problem ring this number I refuse because I know it will be a waste of my time & I as I stated it is just cheaper to pay incorrect amount than deal with a system that seems to make up the terms & conditions as they go along or bury info so deep you have to be Sherlock Holmes to find it 🔍
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

2 August 2017, 13:02

Thanks for getting back to us, Vk300.

I can completely understand your frustration here.

Can you PM your account details and I'll look into this for you?

- Angel
  • marytheresabrowne

You can see here how much appreciation marytheresabrowne has received from other members.

12 August 2017, 23:21

I'm having the same issues with my bills lately.

I have been a long time customer of Eircom's unlimited broadband package.

On December 2015, I visited the Meteor shop to purchase a mobile phone.
    The woman I spoke to asked me if I was an Eir customer and told me of a Mobile / Broadband / TV package I could sign up to.
    She told me my bill would be just over €90 for the first 6 months and then go up to €112 per month.

She assured me that my broadband would stay the same in regards to having unlimited download, that the speed would be the same and I would not be charged anything extra.
    Everything went according to plan up until a couple of months ago when I noticed I was overcharged and had paid €142
    I was then charged €146 the next month.

When I rang Eir, I was told that this was a UK company that sent me messages on my phone and charged me for each one.
    I rang the UK company who can see that I was sent a couple of texts but assured me that I was not charged.

Now, this month I have been charged €229.21
    I rang Eir again and I was told that I exceeded my broadband download limit.
    I told her that my usage has not changed and that I had "UnLimited" download with no issues up until now.
    She put me through to a technician, who told me that I should not have been transferred to him since this is a billing issue.

I've tried to ring back again and have been getting no answer.
    I cannot express enough how much stress this is causing me.
    Not only do I feel I am being conned but I am not receiving any support.

I have been in touch with Com Reg who advised me to ring them and submit a formal complaint.
    I've been trying to ring them since and still cannot get an answer
  • traveltalk

You can see here how much appreciation traveltalk has received from other members.

13 August 2017, 14:06

So frustrated, I temporarily added 15GB to my pack while roaming in Spain last May and paid €15. I was advised that it would be temporary.
    It was subsequently on my June bill, I called eir support and was advised that it would be cancelled and refunded in my July bill. NOW I just paid a whopping €139 and no refund and the €15 plus VAT is still on my account and I have used none of it. I am really fed up with the effort involved in constant calls and nothing happening. HELP??? Ed
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 125

14 August 2017, 17:56

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you please PM me your mobile number, pin? & complete name on the account.

I'll look into this for you.

-Balaji

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)