Bad start with EIR, should I cancel before we even go on? (Question)

Tags:

finmurph

You can see here how much appreciation finmurph has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

20 April 2017, 12:10

According to the EIR website, when I put in my address it says "Great news. we checked address and we can offer following bundles and phone and broadband are listed". So I ordered broadband and phone bundles. They took my direct debit details and sent me a letter to confirm this.

So today the installation day so my wife took the morning off work. A man from EIR called to the door and asked was there a phone line. We hadn't had a phone in the house so I was unsure. He found one and said it was too old and the wires were likely buried under the floor. Then he said it was the customers responsibility to install the phone wires and then he left. According to EIR FAQs - I can quote from the site "Do I need to get my line connected before placing an order?
Your line does not need to be active to order an eir service. When we receive your order we can arrange for your line to be connected - please allow up to 10 working days for your line to be connected but we will endeavour to connect it as soon as possible."

So day 1 with EIR and I have no idea what is going on. When I go to ring I cannot get through unless I have an EIR phone number. obviously I do not.
I presume the account is just cancelled and I just go back to Virgin :(and tell them they were right, I would be back because EIR are useless?
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 520
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

21 April 2017, 13:21

Hi Finmurph,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're so sorry to hear about your experience so far.

Can you PM your account number & the name on the account? I'll look into this for you.

If you wish to contact our customer care dial 1901 (freephone) when asked for an eir telephone number, press # and hold & you'll be through to one agent directly.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)