Data Usage

Tags:

fdempsey

You can see here how much appreciation fdempsey has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

11 January 2018, 17:54

Hi, i recently notice my monthly data allowance of 50gb is being used up very quickly compared to when eir were known as meteor.
I have stopped apps running in background, i do not allow automatic updates and i do not download anything, i stream.
I spoke to eir customer service last week, its the same answer all the time, turn off this and turn off that.
I have done all of that!

I used to use about 29 to 40gbs per month roughly but never the full 50gb, however lately this has changed and even a half hour streaming may use 2/3 gbs of data. I used to be able to watch 2 movies for that!

I have a sneaky feeling eir are expecting people to buy add ons every month as 50gb of data is the highest amount with eir.

I will have to rethink my provider if this doesn't change.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 946
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 January 2018, 14:37

Hi Fdempsey,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry about that.

The amount of data you use depends on the type of service you’re accessing, and how rich the content is. You can view the data usage details on the Myeir online account by clicking on the following link.

Many Apps continue using data in the background even when they’re not active, so close them down if they’re not in use: On an iPhone, if you tap the ‘home’ button twice, a red circle appears on the screen, which will close all open Apps with just one tap. On an Android you have to close each App individually – Go to the Settings menu, find ‘Applications’ and then ‘Running Services’ to do this.

There are Apps that can be downloaded to make closing other Apps easier. ‘Task Killer’, for example, should close most Apps in one go.

Be aware, watching video clips and listening to the radio is data intensive as is downloading videos or music. Email or Facebook will frequently and automatically search for and download data unless they are set up not to do so. Using the Settings menu, adjust each one for manual download or less frequent automatic checks.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • fdempsey

You can see here how much appreciation fdempsey has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

12 January 2018, 15:47

Yep thats the same reply i was expecting. I know all of this vaishali already having received the same reply 3 times now.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 946
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 January 2018, 17:43

I'm sorry you feel this way, Fdempsey.

-Vaishali