Eir knowing broke my internet on Wednesday and now won't fix it until one week later. (Question)

Tags:

seanieosullivan
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation seanieosullivan has received from other members.

comments: 13
Author

14 July 2017, 12:59

On Wednesday morning my internet went down at 09:15. I called Eir Customer Support and the agent had me resetting the modem and various other checks for more than one hour, before informing me that he would have to send an agent - within 2-3 working days! When I called Customer Service at about 16:00 to see if I could get better any idea when the agent would arrive another CS agent told me that the outage that days was actually scheduled (to change a port)! and that it would be by back by 17:00. Imagine, and all the bother that morning messing around with the modem, the CS agent has no idea! At 18:15 I checked and the issue was still NOT resolved. Then the agent said that it would be fixed the following morning ... obviously the technical people were no longer available as it was a nice sunny evening!

On Thursday morning it was the same deal, and after I called CA the next agent told me that I needed a new modem. While I protested that this was unlikely he was adamant.

So today (Friday) the new modem arrives and (surprise surprise) the same problem exists. So the new agent runs the tests and says that they will need to send out an agent in the next 2-3 working days!

So here's the deal: Eir broke my internet on Wednesday July 12th and likely will not restore it until at least one week later. I have my TV services also through Eir which are also down (kids are obviously furious as well). Eir will not expedite this, despite the fact that they knowingly broke it. Eir have an automated message since Thursday morning telling me my issue is resolved (after I enter my phone number), despite the fact that I have been in contact several times to tell them it is NOT resolved. Eir will NOT call me next week to follow up, the CS Supervisor told me I will get a text message, if it doesn't work after that I (yes me) will have to call them again. Also, it's very bad form that they can SCHEDULE a complete working day outage without informing Customer's (not to mind their agents).

If I had any other choice I would never deal with Eir again...
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 520
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

14 July 2017, 16:24

Hi Seanieosullivan,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this.

Can you PM your account number and name on the account and I'll look into this for you?

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation seanieosullivan has received from other members.

Author

14 July 2017, 17:00

******** Sean O'Sullivan
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

14 July 2017, 17:05

I've removed your account number from the public post. I'd recommend not to post your account details in public due to data protection reasons.

If you could PM your account details, I'll be able to look into this for you.

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Occasional Poster

Author

17 July 2017, 10:48

Today I enter my 6th day without internet or TV, but the people at Eir have still since sent me my full bill after having knowingly broken my internet but so far not bothered to fix it.

I would also like to note the following concerning the worrying Technical Support:

On Wednesday last Technical Support informed me that they tested the line and it was fine, despite the fact that it was disconnected at the exchange (as I was informed later). This is quite worrying that the test cannot detect that the port was disconnected. Doesn't say much about the testing. Frankly I don't believe anything Eir Support tell me any more.

On Thursday the Support rep asked me to connect to the modem and check something using my laptop and yellow cable. I informed him that I would instead connect using my iPad via wireless. He said that this would not be possible as my internet was down. I told him that the wireless in the house was working (that light is on in the modem), and it was the connection to the external internet that was down, but he still told me this would not work. Indeed I connected using my iPad, and he couldn't understand. It's very worrying that the Technical Support people who you are relying on to fix your issue don't even understand the basics!

I will now wait to see what Eir will do this week. We'll continue without broadband and TV until they can sometime schedule someone with a bit of free time on their hands to go to the exchange and fix what they broke last week. But I from what I can see Customer's like me are pretty low on their priority list.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 13:10

I'm sorry about the delayed response.

I've received your PM and I'll respond to it shortly.

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Occasional Poster

Author

18 July 2017, 13:43

7th day without internet and TV ... it's obvious that Eir do not care. They are still billing me though ... "Customer Service" doesn't work, but the Billing people are still operating grand.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 July 2017, 13:46

I'm really sorry about this.

I'll get back to you with an update soon.

- Angel
  • andylevel

You can see here how much appreciation andylevel has received from other members.

comments: 1

18 July 2017, 19:33

I've had a similar problem. I used to get between 22 and 24Mbs for the first 12months of my contract. Then one day the broadband just stopped. When I logged the fault the guy on the phone said he would connect me to the slower line just to give me something while it was being fixed.
    I got no contact about what works were being done and when i rang to find out they told me that my line no longer supported the previous speeds and that there was nothing they could do!! I raised the issue through another channel and they said they'd look into it again. Again, i had no contact after that so i contacted them to be told that the case number had been closed and i would not be getting the faster speed as the line no longer supports it.
    Surely if the line supported it for 12 months then it needs to be fixed to support it again, not just decide it cant anymore.
  • eir_Annaeir_Anna
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Anna has received from other members.

comments: 21

19 July 2017, 12:48

Hi andylevel,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience to date.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)