Fibre cabinets need to be updated (Solved)

Tags:

donhughberto
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation donhughberto has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

7 December 2017, 11:21

Has anyone regretted joining EIR. I am with them one week and am thinking of cancelling. I contacted EIR about extreme broadband as my cousin across the road got it two weeks ago. So EIR told me you need to move your current line to us (from Vodafone), and we will upgrade you once moved. Great you would think. Not. I moved as requested and seems I am stuck with cooper going forward while my cousin gets extreme broadband less than 20 metres from me, coming from the same pole.

I am not told the cabinet is not updated for my line so I can't get fibre. Off course I asked them when it will be updated. They told me hopefully in the future. How does this company even survive with so many lies and false promises. I asked for an engineer to come out and assess and was told this is not possible. God help us if there is ever a fault.

I am unsure if anyone in same boat and any advice you can give. Do I just sit and pray I get fibre for the next few years?
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi Donhughberto,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here & I'm sorry to hear this has caused you feel this way.

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, Fibre availability is dependent on location and it is not unusual for some people within an area to be able to get Fibre and others to be unable to & you can view the most up to date information on eir fibre roll out here. I would recommend registering your details on this link and as soon as the service is available to you, you will be notified.

If you PM me your landline number, full postal address with eircode I can confirm the fibre availability at your address?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 682
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

7 December 2017, 14:18

Hi Donhughberto,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here & I'm sorry to hear this has caused you feel this way.

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, Fibre availability is dependent on location and it is not unusual for some people within an area to be able to get Fibre and others to be unable to & you can view the most up to date information on eir fibre roll out here. I would recommend registering your details on this link and as soon as the service is available to you, you will be notified.

If you PM me your landline number, full postal address with eircode I can confirm the fibre availability at your address?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • donhughberto
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation donhughberto has received from other members.

Author

7 December 2017, 16:47

Hi sent you the details
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

7 December 2017, 17:24

Thanks for the details, Hugh.

I've checked the line for you & can see that maximum speeds of up to 1000Mb are available at your home. I'd recommend giving our Sales team a ring on 1800 503 303 or free phone 1901 & they'll be able to explore the best options for you. Alternatively, you can click here to sign-up online.

-Vaishali
  • donhughberto
    Newbie Poster

Author

7 December 2017, 17:55

Hi, are you sure you are checking the right number cause this is what I get and what sales team gets.

We're sorry.
    We checked 074-91***65.

Although your area is enabled for eir Fibre broadband, it looks like it hasn't reached your address yet. Please select here to fill out your details and one of our online sales team will contact you to discuss your options.
  • donhughberto
    Newbie Poster

Author

7 December 2017, 17:57

It is to do with my number not been updated at cabinet and eircode does say 1,000mb and next door have 1,000mb. I been talking to sales and they keep saying the same thing. I know I should get it but the computer says no and sales are all behind the computers.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

8 December 2017, 12:44

I'm sorry for the confusion, Hugh.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that the maximum speeds of up to 1000Mb are available at your home. I'd recommend you to click here to chat with one of our agents & they'll be able to assist you further with this.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)