Fibre Line blocked to other providers (Question)

Tags:

Tomans
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Tomans has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

17 May 2017, 18:33

Hi.
Up to recently, I had broadband with Vod and TV with Sky.
I was sold a service on 14th March, which was eventually provided on 8th May.
It was a pole to home fibre installation with BB, phone and TV.

SKY TV was cancelled on 12th April on the understanding that I would have a promised installation on 6th April.

To get to the point, I'm dissatisfied with the service, and will opt out within the 14 day period.

I called SKY today, but was told that they couldn't provide a fibre service, as the line was blocked by Eircom. My understanding was that Eircom are bound by law to permit other providers use their lines.

Can anyone tell me what the position is on the blocking of the line?
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 183
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 May 2017, 10:21

Hi Tomans,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear about this.

Usually the installation & activation will be done on the promise date but it is suprising that this did not happen in your case.

If you could PM your account number & name on the account, I'll look into this for you.

- Angel
  • Tomans
    Newbie Poster

Author

18 May 2017, 20:45

Update.
    This morning, after a conversation with Customer Service, I decided to cancel the TV element of my subscription (within the 14 day cooling off period).
    I asked for the fibre line (pole to home) to be opened up for other providers. After a long discussion I was told the line was opened. I went online then only to find my broadband service had been cut off and only my house phone was working.
    Next I get a mail telling me I would be charged €50 for home phone!
    The joke doesn't end here though. Other providers told me that Eir has exclusive rights to their pole to home fibre lines. A phone call to Comreg confirmed this, although this was never disclosed by Eir.
    Why was my broadband connection "opened"/cut off, knowing that no other provider can use it? Punishment for calling?

On with the joke. I just rang Customer Service to have the line reinstated to be told I might have it back by Monday. Five days time. Minimum!!
    This JOKE has continually gone on since mid March.

Disgraceful is a kind way to describe the service, or the lack of it.
  • eir Pamelaeir Pamela
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Pamela has received from other members.

comments: 1149
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

19 May 2017, 16:36

I'm really sorry to hear your broadband is not working after cancelling your TV service Tomas, sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Once the line is active and there are no pending orders there should be no issues moving your services to another provider. Open eir are currently deploying the efibre to the home service however a number of providers use eir infrastructure and the efibre service can also be ordered through them. You can view the other providers here. This is something you would need to discuss with the provider themselves if you are considering moving to them as eir would be unable to advise on the options available to you.

It sounds like your broadband service may be cancelled & it will have to be reordered to reinstate your service, however, I'll need your account details to confirm this. Can you PM me your name and account number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • Tomans
    Newbie Poster

Author

19 May 2017, 18:27

Sent. Thanks. Tom
  • eir Pamelaeir Pamela
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Pamela has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

22 May 2017, 13:17

Thanks Tom, I'll be back to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Pamela
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • Tomans
    Newbie Poster

Author

22 May 2017, 13:20

Thank you.
  • eir Pamelaeir Pamela
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

22 May 2017, 15:49

No problem Tomas, I've replied.

-Pamela

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)