Lies, lies and more lies (Question)

MrsK
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MrsK has received from other members.

comments: 14
Author

21 July 2017, 18:54

My efibre was to be installed on May 3rd, we were advised we need to carry out some work in our own property by the engineer, we did this straight away, an engineer came on 13 of May and we were told a small amount of work
was needed at junction box opposite my house, I was given a for set date of 15th of June, as no engineer arrived I rang eir on 16th of June. I was then told my forecast date was changed to 15 th of September as road opening licence was needed, last week I confirmed with Galway County Council that theRoad opening licence no 0092 granted 5/7/2017

Valid until 5/10/2017
licence was granted details as follows

I have no been told by customer service that the forecast date is now the 23/10, after the licence expires!!!

No one will give me a straight answer, customer service agents were actually downright rude!

In all my years I have NEVER experienced such bad customer service!!
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Isabel has received from other members.

comments: 71

24 July 2017, 11:03

Hi MrsK,

Can you PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you?

I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've been through.

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • MrsK
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 July 2017, 11:42

Isabel, I've pm'd on those details, I am actually at the end of my tether dealing with Eir, I've feel I have been treated appallingly, never in all my years have I experienced such horrendous customer service, as the majority of the roll out of this fibre is funded by the tax payer I would of thought the service would be a bit better!!!
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Isabel has received from other members.

24 July 2017, 11:48

Thanks for those details.

I completely understand your frustration with this.

I will come back to you PM shortly.

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • MrsK
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 July 2017, 11:54

I have also logged an official complaint, I need a log number for that in order for comreg to help me, can you pm that to me too please
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

24 July 2017, 12:28

Thats no problem I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • MrsK
    Occasional Poster

Author

27 July 2017, 19:57

I finally got sorted, managed to get an area supervisor on phone, he had me sorted in less than 48 hours, finally someone with authority and the decency to help me out!
  • eir_Isabeleir_Isabel

28 July 2017, 10:23

Hi MrsK,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry you had trouble getting sorted.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MG58 has received from other members.

comments: 13

12 August 2017, 13:12

I have just joined the Eir community in the hope that some one who actually works for the company and knows what is going on will read this mail. Our area was canvassed heavily in late April by Eir proudly announcing that Fibre Broadband was available - sign up now and you will have it within a fortnight - no problem. A competitor ( to be fair a Satellite Provider) who I previously approached a few months ago but had been unable to provide a service at the time had just come back a few days earlier to inform me that they were now in a position to provide the service - the Eir sales agent joked at the time they needed to get in first - so no problem. Anyway , I contacted him a few days later and on 3rd May signed up for a Broadband package with an installation date of the 18th of May and subsequently received Account number and Direct Debit Mandate confirmation in the post. So far so good - 18th May came and passed with no installation or communication from Eir as to why it didn't take place. Subsequently, I contacted them to be given a new FORECAST date of the 31st May - it came and passed again with no communication from Eir . Being of a calm disposition I contacted them again to be given a new FORECAST date of the 16th June - it came and passed again with no communication from Eir .
    This process was repeated for the 30th June, 17th July ,31st July and the 8th August with the promise of a call back and up date within 48 hours on the last call and well you probably figured it out by now -Eir don't do customer call back. At this point I want to say that each and everyone of the people I spoke to so far - and there were a lot of them ~ 25 on last count - were extremely courteous and tried to be helpful but in fairness they don't have access to information or apparently the people who actually have the information. I would also like to share a typical phone call - first point of contact is a sales person - confirm name ,address, account no - sorry need to refer you to wholesale team - confirm name ,address ,account no -
    sorry need to put you on hold and contact Technical team who provide a new FORECAST date - for the record and I have kept them the average phone call was about 35 minutes from start to finish. Some of the whole sale team were extremely helpful and tried very hard to provide some hard information but the promised call back was never forthcoming. It is also very apparent from talking to these people that my situation is not uncommon and it would appear that there is very little interaction with the next layer of management in respect of customer care. In the middle of this saga ~ 2nd July I received via post - wait for it - Service Notification : Ireland's fastest Broadband is here! etc etc call us for free on 1800 303 722 - I have been for the last three months !!!! Anyway at the bottom the page, I spotted a name Catherine Lonergan - Director of Customer Management - surely I thought someone that had responsibility for customers or at the very least might know some who had so I dropped her a line on 6th July - still waiting for reply. I called into the local Eir office yesterday at the suggestion of Wholesale team who told me they had no access to installation information and " feet on the street" sales had nothing to do with them.

Some observations to conclude which may be inaccurate but I would appreciate if someone could clarify

Forecast date must pass before any update can be given which is another forecast date - Eir speak for ignoring customer's calls

Installations are carried out by Open Eir over which Eir have little or no control

Having read some of the previous comments on customer service it would appear Eir have significant issues with customer communication

Senior Management do not consider residential customers as important STAKEHOLDERS in the business
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 145

14 August 2017, 17:50

Hi MG58,

I've responded to your other thread in regards to this.

-Balaji.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)