ordered Eir Fibre Extreme: Nobody showed up (Solved)

Tags:

Barry1973
Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Barry1973 has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

12 March 2017, 11:54

Hope someone can help me,
I live near Dunshaughlin in County Meath, currently have Eir 12meg ADSL2+ broadband. I have been year's waiting for fibre and finally last Sunday the fibre checker told me that up to 1000meg broadband is available at my home.

I have been checking the Open Eir map at http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ for updates and it says that Dunshaughlin goes live for FTTH last Wednesday 8th March, however as my line was now passing I was able to order the 300meg package, Standalone broadband last Sunday 5th March. During the ordering process I was able to pick an installation date of Friday 10th March during the morning.

I received an email on Monday the 6th of March showing the product breakdown and the email said that another email would be sent soon to confirm installation date. However I've head nothing since and nodbody showed up on Friday to install the Fibre To The Home connection.

I am guessing because I ordered the product before the exchange went live, that the order may have not gone through properly, so wondering what do I do now, should I resubmit a new order online as the exchange is now live for FTTH?

many thanks
Barry
Solved. Read answer here:

Thanks for the details, Lobice.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that this order has been rejected as Fibre to the home is not available to you until the 14/02/2018. To place the preorder, I'd recommend giving our Sales team a ring on 1800 503 303 or free phone 1901 or click here to chat with one of our agents & they'll be able to explore the best options for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 832
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 March 2017, 17:02

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear this.

Can you Pm your account number? We'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • Barry1973
    Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Barry1973 has received from other members.

Author

13 March 2017, 17:56

thanks Addy, pm sent
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

14 March 2017, 15:29

I've received your PM & I'll respond to you in PM.

-Addy
  • K66
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation K66 has received from other members.

comments: 2

20 March 2017, 12:59

Good Afternoon,

Similar to the above post I ordered on the 13th March, a 300meg bundle FTTH for installation on this coming Friday 24th March and recieved a confirmation email on the 14th March stating that ,If your order requires installation, we will be in touch shortly by email to confirm your appointment,.
    I have heard nothing yet and would like to avoid the issue of no one showing up this Friday, can someone confirm or advise of who I need to contact.
    Regards,
    K
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

20 March 2017, 16:04

Hi K66,

Thanks for yous post.

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? We'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • K66
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation K66 has received from other members.

comments: 2

20 March 2017, 16:44

Hi Addy, Thanks PM sent
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

20 March 2017, 16:57

Thanks for that.

I'll continue to respond to you in PM.

-Addy
  • lobice
    Regular Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation lobice has received from other members.

24 January 2018, 11:01

Same problem here...
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

24 January 2018, 11:18

Hi Lobice,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

24 January 2018, 12:58

Thanks for the details, Lobice.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that this order has been rejected as Fibre to the home is not available to you until the 14/02/2018. To place the preorder, I'd recommend giving our Sales team a ring on 1800 503 303 or free phone 1901 or click here to chat with one of our agents & they'll be able to explore the best options for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali