When does fibre arrive at Tullueskar/Killineer area? (Solved)

Tags:

ThomasVM
Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation ThomasVM has received from other members.

comments: 25
Author

24 April 2015, 15:01

When does fibre arrive at Tullueskar/Killineer area? Any information would be useful. Thanks.

Solved. Read answer here:

Hi ThomasVM,

Unfortunately, the dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to eir fibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now unfortunately at present there are no details available to suggest when the upgrades will be done.

I would recommend registering your details on this link and as soon as the service is available to you, you will be notified.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Asheir Ash

You can see here how much appreciation eir Ash has received from other members.

comments: 931
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

24 April 2015, 16:12

Hi ThomasVM

I have looked into this & checked out most recent deployment list I’m afraid there are no plans for the Killineer area at this moment in time for efibre rollout.

I would recommend checking back in about 4 - 5 months’ time & we may have more news for you then.

Thanks

Ash

_________________________________________________________________________Common questions answered here!Click here to PM me
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation ThomasVM has received from other members.

Author

7 May 2015, 12:37

Hi Ash,

The closest switch to us is at the Rosehall roundabout - suppose when it will be upgraded we might get lucky with fibre.

Thank you for your response.

Thomas

• eir Alaneir Alan

You can see here how much appreciation eir Alan has received from other members.

comments: 1398
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

7 May 2015, 12:52

Thanks ThomasVM

A helpful map showing loications of cabinets can be ound by clicking http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/" target="_self

Thanks

Al

To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

7 May 2015, 13:47

Thanks Al,

It seems that two cabinets are planned in Tullyallen - I am within app 2km radius to those (Killineer) - how close does a cabinet need to be in order for me to get the fibre service?

Cheers,

Thomas

• eir Ambereir Amber
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Amber has received from other members.

comments: 175
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

7 May 2015, 14:14

Hi ThomasVM,

Generally customers need to be within 1.8 to 2Km of the cabinet however keep in mind that lines are not laid in direct sight (as the crow flies) and although the cabinet may be in range they work off pre-defined routes.

Amber
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

7 May 2015, 14:20

Thanks Amber,

I assumed so.

Cheers,

Thomas

• eir Ambereir Amber
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Amber has received from other members.

comments: 175
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

7 May 2015, 14:43

No problem ThomasVM,

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with,

Amber
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

8 July 2015, 15:44

Hi - any update regarding Fibre connection in Killineer / Monasterboice area?

• eir Amieeir Amie

You can see here how much appreciation eir Amie has received from other members.

comments: 212

8 July 2015, 16:20

Hi Thomas

I have checked and still there is no date or plan decided as to when efibre will be available at your address. I am sorry but I don’t have any better  news.

Thanks

Amie

• ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

8 July 2015, 16:24

Thanks Amie!

• ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

18 August 2015, 09:49

Hi, Will the proposed 1000MB fibre extend to north Drogheda, ie to Monasterboice? Any news? Thanks
  • eir Alaneir Alan

You can see here how much appreciation eir Alan has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 August 2015, 11:37

ThomasVM wrote:

Hi, Will the proposed 1000MB fibre extend to north Drogheda, ie to Monasterboice? Any news? Thanks

Hi ThomasVM

Unfortunately there are no plans made to bring 1000Mb Fibre (FTTH) to Monasterboice.

Thanks
    Al
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

28 September 2015, 14:47

Hi,
    Any update on broadband upgrade in Killineer/Monasterboice area?
    Thanks,
    Thomas
  • eir Alaneir Alan

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

1 October 2015, 13:46

Unfortunately not thomas,

I'm sorry we can't offer better news but I recommend getting back to us towards the start of next year.

Cheers
    Al
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

10 December 2015, 14:15

Hi Al,

Two months passed by again - any update on faster broadband at the Killineer/Tullyeskar area? Thanks
  • eir Alaneir Alan

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

10 December 2015, 15:30

Hi ThomasVM

Unfortunately a date has still yet to be agreed for launch of the cabinets planned for the Killineer/Tullyeskar area.

The best indication available is within the next 12 months.

Al
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

10 December 2015, 15:33

ok thanks Al, I saw on your web page that the rural areas are due to receive 1GB upgrade during 2016-2020 (rural fibre routes) - hope this will be a bit sooner...
  • eir Alaneir Alan

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

11 December 2015, 10:01

No worries ThomasVM

Sorry I can't offer better news
    Al
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

4 February 2016, 14:56

Hi Al, any update yet, sorry, I keep asking as the internet connection in Killineer is a joke at the moment, and any improvement would be welcome.
  • eir Alaneir Alan

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

4 February 2016, 15:20

I'm afraid not ThomasVM

Still the same timeframes - within the next 12 months for cabinets and '16 to 2020 for FTTH

Sorry Thomas

Al
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

4 February 2016, 15:21

OK, cheers, thanks for your patience!
  • eir Alaneir Alan

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

4 February 2016, 15:32

No problem

On the contrary, I thank you for your patience :)

Al
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

11 April 2016, 09:16

Hi Al,
    Any update on the fibre front for the Tullueskar/Killineer area?
    Cheers, Thomas
  • eir_Staceyeir_Stacey
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Stacey has received from other members.

comments: 436
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

11 April 2016, 13:43

Hi Thomas, Thanks for getting in touch. I have checked our efibre roll out map for these area's & I'm afraid the efibre is not yet available. You can keep up to date with all the efibre roll out info online here; http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ & you can check your line number or address here. Apologies I was unable to offer better news. Stacey
  • ThomasVM
    Contributor

Author

17 June 2016, 17:57

Hi, any further update on the rural fibre scheme north of Drogheda?

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)