Eircom eFibre Router keeps disconnecting my smartphones & tablets (Question)

Tir-Na-nOg

You can see here how much appreciation Tir-Na-nOg has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

22 June 2014, 23:04

Had eFibre for almost two weeks now and since getting the Eircom F1000 router I've noticed my smartphones and tablets in the house are constantly losing connection and I can't figure out why? It'll normally happen if for example I put my phone down and it goes into standby, when I go to use it again it'll be disconnected from the internet, I've left it and watched it to see if it'll come back but will only come back if I turn off the Wifi setting on the phone and turn it back on again. Same on my wifes phone.

On my wifes tablet it also does this but also happens while she is watching a video on youtube, sometimes the vid will just stop and she'll need to turn off Wifi on the tablet and turn it back on again, happens even in same room as router, sat pretty much next to it :p

My laptop and games consoles seem uneffected though

• eir Alaneir Alan

You can see here how much appreciation eir Alan has received from other members.

comments: 5076
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

23 June 2014, 12:48

Hi Tir-Na-nOg

I'm really not sure what can be causing this - it seems very odd that it works fine for the laptop & consoles. I'm suspecting that the wireless channels might need to be changed but the best advice I could offer you is to contact efibre technical support on 1890260260 for assistance in resolving with this.

Thanks

Al

To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)