Worst customer care I have ever experienced (Question)

Tags:

worst customer care

You can see here how much appreciation worst customer care has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

28 October 2016, 09:50

I recently agreed to upgrade to efibre broadband.
I agreed a date of 28th September for the upgrade.
And arranged to take a day off work to meet the engineer.
On the 30th September, I got a call from an Engineer, saying he was going to be at my house in a half hour.
I explained he had the wrong date, and that I was not at home.
I rand eir, customer care, and explained they had got the wrong date, but that also I had never got any notification the day before.
I looked for a guarantee that I would be notified the day before my actual appointment, so I could plan around.
By about 14.00 yesterday, I had heard nothing, so I rang customer care.
They transferred me to open eir, who I believe are a subcontractor.
They said they could see a note saying I had requested a date for 28th but had nothing scheduled.
I was then transferred back to eir, who tried to tell me I had been contacted, but had not answered calls or text messages.
So I need to make a new appointment.
I explained I could not take another day off, and have no one turn up again, so I would just revert to my old package.
( I am already being charged for the upgrade even though I have not got it)
The girl on the phone said I couldn't change back.
I told her I would cancel my direct debit, as I am being over charged.
She threatened me with debt collectors.
I am absolutely disgusted with the way I was spoken to by eir, and they are threatening me with debt collectors over a mistake made on their side.
Without doubt the worst customer care experience I have ever had.
  • eir_shruthieir_shruthi
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_shruthi has received from other members.

comments: 467

28 October 2016, 11:44

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this has caused you feel this way. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with the service. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

Can you PM your account number and the name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Shruthi.
  • Jurgasal
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Jurgasal has received from other members.

comments: 2

3 January 2017, 14:33

Hi,
    I became eir costumer from 2nd of October. In Meteor I was offered to sign for a bundle: mobile, broadband and a home phone for 35 euro for the first 6 months. I was told that eir will contact me in 5 working days to agree the installation date for broadband and phone. I got a call but my broadband was completely finished just after the middle of November, so it's one and a half month. My appointments were rearranged at least 4 times. The reason was that technician was too busy (technician was calling on evening time explaining that). That's not my problem at all, I had to waste 4 holiday days to wait for technician. I spent an hours calling to costumer service, they had to redo my contract for getting broadband late, than again for not proper house number they had on my home address...
    After we got a broadband I was thinking the problems over but it wasn't. My eir bills were not as agreed. No it comes to almost 300 euro. Again I spent an hours calling costumer service and explaining everything from beginning on each call. I was assured that it will be sorted but still it is not. On the last call I was told to pay the whole amount and after they will change my contract again as now I'm paying not for the whole bundle, then I will get a refund later on!!!??? Why? My account was charged by 40 euro on 30th of November, but couldn't prove that as they don't see....
    Please sort it out ASAP or I want to cancel this service.
    That's very disappointing, never ever had problems like this with any company.
    Thanks,
    Jurgita
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 919
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

4 January 2017, 16:19

Hi Jurgasal,

Thanks for getting in touch &sorry to hear that.

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? I'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • Jurgasal
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Jurgasal has received from other members.

comments: 2

11 January 2017, 10:48

Hello Addy,
    It's been already one week as I didn't get any news from you. Did you check my account?
    Thanks,
    Jurgita
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 919
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

11 January 2017, 15:22

Hi Jurgasal,

Sorry for the delay.

I'll look into this & get back to you in PM as soon as possible.

-Addy

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)