Add-ons/Boosters (Solved)

Tags:

coughl
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation coughl has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

12 January 2018, 12:24

Since Meteor changed to Eir, I haven't been receiving the notification text on the last day of the booster's validity. Has any one else been having this issue?

I contacted Eir 2 months ago when I noticed I had been charged for data usage for over one week as I hadn't received the notification to say the booster had expired so I kept on using data not knowing I was being charged. At the time they said notifications weren't enabled on my account (which obviously they were when I was a Meteor customer) but they assured me that they had enabled the notifications and that it wouldn't happen again. However my most recent booster expired a few days ago and yet again, no notification (though this time I was wary and remembered to check the dates).

I'm wondering if Eir has done away with the reminder/notification texts for boosters altogether or if some people still get them?
Solved. Read answer here:

Thanks for the details, Coughl.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that the account has been updated to receive SMS. I'd recommend you to try doing a location update on the device?

Let me know if that helps.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1652
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 January 2018, 15:32

Hi Coughl,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here & I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please confirm me your account number and full name? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • coughl
    Newbie Poster

Author

12 January 2018, 16:59

Is it possible to send a private message so that my details aren't made public?
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 January 2018, 17:46

Yes, Coughl.

In order to send PM, please click my username & select 'send private message'.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

16 January 2018, 13:51

Thanks for the details, Coughl.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that the account has been updated to receive SMS. I'd recommend you to try doing a location update on the device?

Let me know if that helps.

-Vaishali
  • coughl
    Newbie Poster

Author

16 January 2018, 13:59

Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens next time I buy a booster.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

16 January 2018, 14:52

No worries, Coughl.

-Vaishali
  • coughl
    Newbie Poster

Author

24 March 2018, 22:26

Regarding this thread, the problem has not been solved. I still am not receiving alerts when my data booster is expiring/expired. It's very frustrating at this stage, I'd appreciate if you could look into this.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

3 April 2018, 14:28

Hi Coughl,

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have raised a ticket for you. Once the issue gets resolved you'll be notified by the relevant team.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)