Eir billing problems. (Question)

Kieran12
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Kieran12 has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

13 February 2017, 17:04

Started about two weeks ago. I got a bill for 213 Euros. I only pay 74 a month. So i went online and used the Eir chat service. After awhile of chatting, Eir rep said , if i pay 87 Euros my account would be fixed and i would owe nothing. They told me the outstanding balance was tied to another account? Why that would be not sure? My bills are fully paid up to date, told them the truth, and i never switched accounts when i upgraded from ASDL package to an Efibre one.

Well today i was onto them again because i still see an outstanding balance of 124 Euros. Eir lied to me and i have the chat transcripts to prove it. Eir claims they still looking into it? I have only a few days left to pay the bill up fully, so how or will they fix this or am i just going to have to pay the outstanding bill. I've been with Eir for more then 12 years, this just annoys me not knowing if the bill will be sorted?
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 952
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 February 2017, 17:51

Hi Kieran12,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear that.

Can you PM the chat transcript, account number & name on the account? I'll look into this for you.

Apologies for the Inconvenience. -Addy
  • Kieran12
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Kieran12 has received from other members.

comments: 3
    Author

13 February 2017, 19:14

I left a PM message for you!
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

14 February 2017, 15:04

Thanks for that. I've received your PM & I'll continue to respond to you in PM.

-Addy
  • Decko268

You can see here how much appreciation Decko268 has received from other members.

comments: 1

25 February 2017, 00:21

Can u please send me my account number
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

27 February 2017, 16:01

Hi Decko,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you PM your landline number, method of payment , last bill amount & products you avail on the account? I'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • Helke
    Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation Helke has received from other members.

comments: 25

1 March 2017, 00:09

This isn't related to Kieran12's problem but still a billing problem.
    I am on a mobile plan (1GB, 100 minutes and EU roaming) for advertised €15.00. Not that I care about cents..., I am still wondering why Eir charges €15.01 (my second bill) when they say €15.00.

Copied and pasted from the Eir website:

eir Mobile SIM Only 100 1GB
    Monthly Payment Summary
    Total Price
    €15.00

Am I missing something?

There is an explanation: 12.20 +23% = 15.006

I still don't think this justifies advertising €15.00 and charging €15.01

As I said, I do not care about 1 Cent, I even would throw in a Christmas bonus of an additional 50 Cent if it would help.
    Sorry about my sarcasm... but the irony of this is asking for it.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

1 March 2017, 15:52

Hi Helke,

I'm afraid the €15.006 would be rounded off as €15.01
    We've passed the feedback within the organisation to have a closer look on this.

Apologies for any Inconvenience caused.

-Addy
  • Helke
    Contributor

1 March 2017, 19:43

I know that it will be rounded up. But it still does not justify to advertise €15.00 and charge €15.01

Eir could charge €12.195122 before VAT - which would be the correct price as advertised. Or drop the 1 Cent. Does this cause a problem for the shareholders? :?

I'll save up for a calculator for Eir for Christmas. Or I could offer myself to help with some decision making. I might charge a lot but the savings to Eir might justify it :D
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

2 March 2017, 15:15

I can understand this Helke,

Apologies we couldn't offer you better news.

-Addy
  • Jazzmaster
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Jazzmaster has received from other members.

comments: 2

4 March 2017, 21:26

I have receievd a bill from eir after switching to vodafone - account was up to date and i was out of contract. I can even see an itemised bill where i no longer have an account. I got a letter from some debt collection agency also!!! Eir can you contact me to sort this issue please.
  • Jazzmaster
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Jazzmaster has received from other members.

comments: 2

4 March 2017, 21:26

Jazzmaster wrote:

I have receievd a bill from eir after switching to vodafone - account was up to date and i was out of contract. I cant even see an itemised bill where i no longer have an account. I got a letter from some debt collection agency also!!! Eir can you contact me to sort this issue please.

Can't
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

7 March 2017, 15:24

Hi Jazzmaster,

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? We'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • livvie
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation livvie has received from other members.

comments: 1

7 March 2017, 15:59

Hi there
    Im a recent new customer. Can i ask why I was charged € 40 service fees in Feb and now I have been charged €109 again including service fees. im supposed to be paying 68.88 or so per month?
    Thanks
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

7 March 2017, 16:34

Hi Livvie,

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? We'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • Helke
    Contributor

27 March 2017, 21:11

To come back again on the €15.01 charged when it is advertised as €15.00

In my bill, it actually says: "eir Mobile 100 SIM Only @ € 15.00 per month inc. VAT" (I copied and pasted that)

I am not sure whether I read that correctly - € 15.00 per month inc. VAT or if there is something wrong with my glasses... Did I really read 15.00 including VAT?

What is the correct amount when it says on the eir bill "eir Mobile 100 SIM Only @ € 15.00 per month inc. VAT"?

Is it €15.00 or €15.01 - you may use a telephone joker for this. Maybe there is somebody out there who can help me trying to get that right.

As I said before, I am not fussy about a cent but I do NOT like when eir bluntly does some incorrect calculations in their favour, even when it is just a cent. It is €15.00 including VAT and NOT 12.20 excluding VAT and rounding up as they please. 12.20 was nowhere advertised.

I understand the rounding up part when something is closer to some cent then the other. But this is not the case here. Eir is doing reverse calculations and rounding up as they please: €15.00 inc VAT = €12.195122 without VAT. Round that up to €12.20 and add 23% VAT which is 15.006. Round that up again and you can charge customers 15.01 instead of 15.00. That was magical, rounding up twice using weird calculations. Well done. Just a little incorrect :/. What, the price is 12.20 without VAT? Not really. It isn't advertised excluding VAT. (remember? My bill? Copy and paste?)

I have the impression that, whoever did that kind of magic, was on some strong medication or on other intoxicating substances. What I do not understand is: where is the honesty? You don't like my sarcasm? Well, fix the problems.

I am afraid eir_addy, your calculations in one of your replies was incorrect too. I am wondering whether there have to be any calculations when eir says: "eir Mobile 100 SIM Only @ € 15.00 per month inc. VAT". Then the charge can only be 15.00 - full stop, no magic, all correct.

Eir's reputation isn't a good one. Eir keeps changing it's name - telecom, eircom, eir... No matter how often eircom changes its name, the bad reputation will not improve unless the company starts getting things right. So far, all annoyances and the additional cent are only sending a strange signal about the workings and care of the management. I'll stay with eir, at the moment, there is no attractive plan by another provider justifying a move.

My choice is to keep posting until something positive will happen or somebody will tell me that eir does not care, that nothing will ever change. Until then, I am hoping..., and please, no "sorry about that". That does not do it for me anymore after too many disappointments and no fixes.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

28 March 2017, 18:08

Thanks for getting back Helke.

We'll look into this & be with you shortly.

-Addy
  • eir Adameir Adam
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Adam has received from other members.

comments: 101

28 March 2017, 18:14

Hi Helke,

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with your bill. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

Thanks,
    Adam
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • Helke
    Contributor

28 March 2017, 18:30

sure. Another screenshot from the eir website... There we can see the 12.20 ex VAT. Sorry, fail to see the 15.01

1 Attachment

• Helke
    Contributor

28 March 2017, 18:46

Here a screenshot showing eir pricing... This shows the 12.20 ex VAT. Did not see it anywhere else. But failing to see the 15.01

1 Attachment

• Helke
    Contributor

17 April 2017, 15:24

I have an outstanding balance because I was "refunded" 4 cent. If those cents were refunded, please remove the "outstanding Balance" of 4 cent! If this was refunded, then there is nothing outstanding.

Neither I need nor do I want a refund.

I'll try again to explain proper calculations:

My plan Incl VAT: 15 - as advertised by eir

Ex VAT: 12.20 - rounded up from 12.1951219512

VAT, 23% of 12.1951219512 = 2.80 - rounded down from 2.8048780488

Calculation of the payable amount:
    12.20 + 2.80 = 15.00

Or, if you wish to use non rounded numbers: 12.1951219512 + 2.8048780488 = 15.00

The above calculations were done by a spreadsheet, once it worked with currency - 2 decimals after the period, applying some rounding and once without - more decimals after the period, no rounding applied. Both times the same result as you can see.

My spreadsheet rounds up and down when it comes to currency. But it correctly does not use any previously rounded numbers for its calculations. Is eir not able to do this?

Am I wrong or is eir? Unfortunately, this website does not allow uploading a spreadsheet. I uploaded a picture and tried to also enter the formulas I used. It might have been better to calculate the VAT from the "advertised base" price incl VAT, the formula to calculate the 23% VAT would be: =15/123*23.
    That means, if you use Euro 15 to calculate the price ex VAT and also use Euro 15 to calculate the VAT, you will be correct, even with the rounding. Magic? No, just proper calculations.

Any questions?

I think that incorrect calculations look bad, even if it is only 1 cent off. Trying to help eir without claiming payment for my work but eir keeps refusing to take advice and put things right. Why?

1 Attachment

• eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 543
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

19 April 2017, 10:58

Hi Helke,

I've liaised with Adam in regards to this & he has confirmed that the credit has been applied to the account.

I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

- Angel
  • Helke
    Contributor

19 April 2017, 11:43

Nothing has changed, nothing has been fixed. I explained in great detail but that seems to have been a waste of time.

Why is there an "outstanding balance" if a credit has been applied?

I think, it is a mess. As I said in my previous post: "Neither I need nor do I want a refund." (should probably say: I neither need nor want a refund).

Spreadsheets are great - I strongly recommend them to eir staff and programmers. They do excellent and most accurate calculations and brilliant rounding as you can see in my previous post. I am pretty sure that there are some functions in whatever programming language is used, which also can do accurate calculations and rounding. It might take somebody who cares about accuracy.

What is it that eir does not like proper calculations? Because it is "only" a cent? Does that make the "wrong" right and acceptable? It is "only" 12 Cents in a year... what amount makes it unacceptable? Don't tell me about the refund, I am looking at eir's calculations on the bill and they are wrong, no matter whether I got 4 Cent refunded or not. How will I explain that to the tax man?

I am neither interested in any thanks nor apologies unless the mess gets fixed. It is NOT about some Cent, it is about eir's attitude not to seem to care.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

20 April 2017, 14:50

@ Helke

I could see the credit has been applied & this will be reflected on your following month bill. We have now relayed this feedback

Apologies again.

- Angel
  • Helke
    Contributor

13 June 2017, 15:00

Correcting my previous post: there is no outstanding balance, it must have taken a few days...

Nothing has been fixed. I am still charged 15.01 and eir is still calculating with rounded numbers. I would be ashamed if I was the programmer.

Again: eir is calculating with rounded numbers, yes, CALCULATING! Instead of just using the rounding numbers for displaying the prices. And, as it hasn't been fixed, eir does not seem to care. That is more than embarrassing.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

13 June 2017, 18:15

@ Helke,

I've responded to your PM.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)