My Prepay SIM has been cancelled? (Solved)

Tags:
sim ,

MrBotanic
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MrBotanic has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

6 April 2018, 15:10

Hello,

I've a prepay SIM which is in a burglar alarm, so that I can set/unset the alarm remotely via SMS. The last time it sent an SMS was in January.

It appears that eir have cancelled my account, but there's still a balance in my account - how can I get the SIM reactivated?

Thanks
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi MrBotanic,

In order to keep a sim active, it requires a top-up of a minimum of €5 every 5 months. In order to have this investigated further, you will need to contact our support team on 1747.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Thanks

Thomas

View original comment
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51
    Answer

9 April 2018, 17:17

Hi MrBotanic,

In order to keep a sim active, it requires a top-up of a minimum of €5 every 5 months. In order to have this investigated further, you will need to contact our support team on 1747.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • MrBotanic
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MrBotanic has received from other members.

Author

9 April 2018, 17:20

Thanks for the reply Thomas. Is there a landline version of the 1747 number? My landline doesn't want to dial it for some reason.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

10 April 2018, 14:45

Alternatively, you can contact our support team on 014307066, MrBotanic.

If it’s been over 150 days, please click here and you'll see our T&C's regarding credit, top-ups and deactivation of service.

-Vaishali
  • MrBotanic
    Newbie Poster

Author

13 April 2018, 13:12

Hi Vaishali,
    I've tried that number, 014307066, multiple times from both my landline and mobile, and it doesn't connect or even ring. Is that number only accessible from Eir landlines/mobiles? Is there an alternative number I can use?
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

16 April 2018, 14:31

Can you please confirm the last top up you've made, MrBotanic?

-Vaishali
  • MrBotanic
    Newbie Poster

Author

16 April 2018, 14:52

Vaishali,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to speak to someone in customer service by dialling another number, and being transferred a couple of times.

Apparently my last top up was more than 5 months ago, so Eir have cancelled my sim and number, despite the fact there's still balance on my account.

According to the apologetic customer service agent, I can't get the number re-activated, and I can't get a refund of the remaining balance. Her suggestion was to get a new SIM with a new number.

So I've pre-paid Eir for a service which they've failed to deliver. By rights I should at least get a refund, but since it's less than EUR10, I can't be bothered pursuing this with Comreg.

I will get a new SIM and number, but it won't be with Eir.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

17 April 2018, 13:55

I can completely understand your concern, MrBotanic. Unfortunately, any call credit on the account at the time of termination will be removed and eir call credit is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.

If the number has been cancelled then, you'd be unable to reactivate this as your number might have been recycled.

-Vaishali