My sim card suddenly stopped working. (Solved)

Tags:
sim , Top-up ,

Cals
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Cals has received from other members.

comments: 5
Author

25 September 2013, 15:40

Hi. My sim card suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. There is very bad signal where I live in Dublin 16 which is why I havent topped up in a while.  I have tried the sim in multiple phones and locations around Dublin and still no signal.  I went into the emobile/meteor shop in stephens green and a staff member told me that my sim must have been deactivated because I had not topped up in 90 days as per emobiles terms and conditions.

I looked up emaobles terms and conditions - pasted below 

"

2.4 We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 330 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service. We will lift the suspension during this 30 day period if you top up the Services by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit. Upon expiry of this 30 day period we may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice to you if you have not topped the Service during this period. We will attempt to advise you of an impending suspension if you fail to meet the minimum requirement for applying call credit to the Services. Please note that you will lose any call credit remaining on your account at the time the Services are terminated. You will also lose the right to use the Number used by you as an eMobile Prepay Customer."

This says that a customer must top up by at least five euro once every 330 days. The last time I topped up was March or April this year which is a lot less that 330 days ago.

Additionaly if you have deactived the sim card why did I receive no notice as its stated in the terms and conditions that emobile will try to contact a customer before deactiving the sim card.

I can still log into my emobile online using this sim card phone number and pin - does this mean the number was not deactived?

Hope that you can help me with this problem.

Thank You

Solved. Read answer here:

@ JohnMB

Thanks for getting back to us. In eir's terms and conditions minimum of €5 is required to top-up to keep the number active &
I really apologise that you have been advised differently

I will definitely pass this feedback to the relevant agent to correct this

- Angel

View original comment
  • eirMobile GrainneeirMobile Grainne
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eirMobile Grainne has received from other members.

comments: 3299
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 September 2013, 17:12

Hi Cals,

Your service has not been completely cancelled. You are still able to receive calls. In order to activate your service you will need to top up your phone by €5 and your service will then be restored.

Grainne
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
  • Cals
    Occasional Poster

Author

25 September 2013, 17:28

Hi Graiine. Thanks for your reply.  I cant receive calls or texts.  Ive no signal at all. And I tried to top up and couldnt phone said service was unavailable.  - ended up giving the yop up I bought to my daughter for her phone. 

Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eirMobile Grainne has received from other members.

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 September 2013, 17:43

Hi Cals,

If you could purchase another top up voucher and send me a PM advising the serial and voucher number I will be able apply the credit to your account for you.

Grainne
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
  • Cals
    Occasional Poster

Author

25 September 2013, 17:50

Ok. Thanks. Will buy the credit tomorow and pm you.

I still don't understand why the sim card was deactivated when it the last time it was topped us was well within the time period stated in emobiles terms and conditions. 

Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 September 2013, 17:53

No problem Cals,

Let me know here once you send the PM.

Grainne
  • Cals
    Occasional Poster

Author

26 September 2013, 13:14

Hi Grainne. I just the sent the PM.

Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

26 September 2013, 13:37

Thanks Cals,

I have responded to your PM.

Grainne
  • Cals
    Occasional Poster

Author

26 September 2013, 13:51

ok thanks . just replied back

Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

26 September 2013, 14:54

Thanks Cals,

That credit was applied to your account. Is your service restored?

Grainne
  • Cals
    Occasional Poster

Author

27 September 2013, 16:24

Hi Grainne. Yes the sim card works again.   Thank you for your help 

I still don't understand why it was deactivated when it was still well within the the period stated in emobiles terms and conditions. 

Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

27 September 2013, 16:47

Glad to hear that your service was reinstated Cals

Post here if you have any other queries.

Grainne
  • barthek
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation barthek has received from other members.

comments: 8

6 March 2015, 10:36

when I read this story it looks very much similar to mine.

I have surely not exceeded 330 days yet my service was deactivated - card cannot logon to network (opened up a new post on this).

is this something comreg should hear about ? this clearly looks like a pattern of terms & conditions violations.

• eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 1185
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

6 March 2015, 10:49

Hi there barthek

I see everything on your account is set up perfectly because you did top up recently but can see you're not picking up a network so that sim could be faulty.

Pop into your nearest eMobile store and get a free usim. I'm sure this will sort everything out

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • barthek
    Occasional Poster

6 March 2015, 10:58

hey Kyle,

thats the whole point - I shouldn't _have_ to top up to resolve. Sam way 'Cals' shouldnt have. At least not according to T&Cs. Can you please comment on that ?

I cannot just pop into any emobile store. I'm abroad and at the moment not sure when I'll be in IRL again :(
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

6 March 2015, 11:25

Hi barthek

As I explained, the system information and set up is correct. After a period of time, the sim and service will deactivate if not topped up.

You still have an old legacy sim which is a big problem on its own so need to get a new usim

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • barthek
    Occasional Poster

6 March 2015, 11:29

Kyle, I only got this one last summer and it's already old and legacy? :) Is there any way to get the replacement SIM card - via post ?
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

6 March 2015, 11:49

Hi barthek

Yeah they are old sims. Unfortunately we don't post out new usims so you'll have to ask someone to get one for you in a shop

-Kyle
  • JohnMB
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation JohnMB has received from other members.

comments: 2

19 April 2017, 15:46

Further to this post, I had a similar problem today, SIM de-activated, customer care contacted, I was told that SIM deactivates if there is no top-up of at least €10 within 90 days, however the T&C at https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/eirmobile/TermsAndConditionsOfTheEirmobileService.pdf state that there only needs to be a top-up of €5 every 150 days. So customer care do not know what the actual rules are? Or eir has changed the rules without telling anyone? I note that in the T&C cals posts above, it was 330 days, so it has presumably been changed since? I also note that the moderator above merely says "After a period of time, the sim and service will deactivate if not topped up." which does not give the time or the top-up. All I would like to know are the true figures - what period of time? what level of top-up? - because I do not want to be cut off again.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 529
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

20 April 2017, 16:33

Hi JohnMB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order to keep the number active, you need to top up minimum of €5 within 90 days & in order to keep your account from termination you need to top up once in every 150 days.

- Angel
  • JohnMB
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation JohnMB has received from other members.

comments: 2

20 April 2017, 22:16

Thanks, Angel. Now I am really confused though because:
    (1) yesterday your colleague Manick said to me in a chat conversation: "I could see that due to non-top up more than 90 days. A general bar has been applied to your account. I advise you to do a top up for minimum €10 euro in order to resume your service." So you are now saying that he should have told me that my minimum top-up was actually €5?

(2) The terms and conditions document I refer to above states: "2.4 We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a
    minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 150 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service." There is no mention of a minimum top up of €5 every 90 days to keep the number active. Is there some other terms and conditions document that this comes from?

I topped up the number by €10 in good faith, even though it already had a balance of more than €14, but now I feel that I have been misled.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Answer

21 April 2017, 16:47

@ JohnMB

Thanks for getting back to us. In eir's terms and conditions minimum of €5 is required to top-up to keep the number active &
    I really apologise that you have been advised differently

I will definitely pass this feedback to the relevant agent to correct this

- Angel
  • michaelacarey777

You can see here how much appreciation michaelacarey777 has received from other members.

comments: 1

21 July 2017, 17:04

Just found out this happened to me too. No message, phone just stopped working. Tried a different phone, finally went to Eir shop for replacement sim. Sim was deactivated, because there were no top ups in 90 days, even though it had credit and was in use, making calls and texts.

Couldn't be reactivated either apparently, "the regulator takes back the numbers" ! not true I suspect, given what I can see above.

Sold me a meteor sim which is no good to me when the whole family is on eir and I've lost my number.

Not happy.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

21 July 2017, 17:19

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this.

I can assure you this is not the level of service Eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)