Roaming not working in Nicaragua - can't get through on email or webchat (Question)

TomSelleck
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation TomSelleck has received from other members.

comments: 12
Author

12 September 2017, 04:41

My roaming is not working in Nicaragua. It had been working fine in South America.

I can't connect to either available network in Nicaragua (Claro or Movistar).

My roaming is supposedly enabled. I have also tried the SIM in another phone and I receive the same error when I try to connect to a network.

I need my roaming to work urgently as I need to receive 2FA and other SMS codes on my mobile.

Error message:

1 Attachment

• eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 505
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 September 2017, 15:14

Hi TomSelleck,

Thanks for getting in touch & sorry to hear this.

I'd advise you to connect to the first network that pops up after manual network search & can you please try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know if that works.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • TomSelleck
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation TomSelleck has received from other members.

Author

12 September 2017, 16:13

Hi Vaishali,

I can't connect to the first network - I receive the error in the images I posted: "Unable to connect to this network right now. Please try again later."

I have location turned on and use it frequently with Google maps.

I have also tried leaving the phone off/ in airplane mode for long periods of time, it doesn't have any effect.
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 September 2017, 16:24

I'm sorry about that, Tom.

Can you please PM your mobile number & PIN? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • TomSelleck
    Occasional Poster

Author

13 September 2017, 16:43

Hi Vaishali, I appreciate you have reactivated roaming on my account but the problem has not been resolved.

What do you suggest I do?
  • TomSelleck
    Occasional Poster

Author

13 September 2017, 17:16

Furthermore - I contacted webchat again earlier who said roaming wasn't enabled on my account.

I've had to contact you 6 or 7 times in the past few months because my roaming keeps getting disabled. Why is this?
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

13 September 2017, 17:59

I'm sorry about that, Tom.

I've emailed the relevant team & I'll get back to you once I receive an update regarding this.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)