SIM Card Lost (Solved)

Tags:
payg ,

carole7688
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation carole7688 has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

14 April 2015, 12:42

Hello, 

I am away from Ireland and I lost my e-mobile SIM card. My number has been switched off since the 12th of January and I amd afraid now to loose my number after about 3 month from inactivity. 

I would like to keep this number. What do you advice? Can I get a new SIM card (keeing the same number) posted to Germany? 

Thank you  

Kind Regards, 

Carole Nader 

Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there carole7688

The best you can do now is get someone to pick you up a blank sim and post it to you.

Once you get this, get in touch with me and I will activate that new one for you. Make sure to keep everything that comes with the new sim

If you just top up your number, you can still keep your number active without getting a new sim

-Kyle

View original comment
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 1221
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Answer

14 April 2015, 12:51

Hi there carole7688

The best you can do now is get someone to pick you up a blank sim and post it to you.

Once you get this, get in touch with me and I will activate that new one for you. Make sure to keep everything that comes with the new sim

If you just top up your number, you can still keep your number active without getting a new sim

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • carole7688
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation carole7688 has received from other members.

Author

14 April 2015, 13:56

Thanks for your quick reply. 

A friend will pick up a blank sim and post it to me. (Is this sim free or should she pay for it?) 

It will take about a week to get this posted to Germany. I will get in touch again once the sim arrive. 

I checked my balance and I still have 4.27 euro, is this ok? or should I make a new top up?

Thanks 

Carole 

• eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

14 April 2015, 14:11

Hi there carole7688

Are you going to use the sim at all while you're in Germany?

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • carole7688
    Newbie Poster

Author

14 April 2015, 14:42

I won't use it on a daily basis, but I want to keep it to receive texts and keep apps like viber and whatsapp active on the same number. 

• eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

14 April 2015, 16:17

Hi there again

Well in that case, get the sim (with the pack) and once you have this, contact myself and I will activate this

All you need to do then is to top up every 90 days and your number will stay active.

-Kyle
  • carole7688
    Newbie Poster

Author

22 April 2015, 13:55

Hello there again, 

The sim card arrived, I have it here. 

How can we activate it on my number?

Thanks 

• eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

22 April 2015, 14:10

Hi there carole7688

Send me a PM with all the numbers on it please.

I'll have a look at this

-Kyle
  • murpha57
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation murpha57 has received from other members.

comments: 2

26 September 2017, 01:45

Hi, I have also lost my sim while abroad. I was originally a meteor customer. Will the same procedure apply?

Many Thanks,
    Andrew
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

26 September 2017, 14:15

Hi there murpha57

This is correct. You can follow the same steps as marked as "best answer". Please bear in mind that this will all depend the last time you topped up. If you haven’t topped up in a very long time, please click here and you'll see our T&C's regarding credit, top-ups and deactivation of service.

Hope this helps

-Kyle
  • murpha57
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation murpha57 has received from other members.

comments: 2

12 October 2017, 02:33

Hey eir Kyle, I topped up in the last 6 to 8 weeks and will again when I have this sim setup.

I had a sim sent over. I can't find a way to PM you. The phone number printed on the sim is. I would of course like to keep my current number. Let me know what need to send on.

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • eir_Kev
    Super Star

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Kev has received from other members.

comments: 333
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

13 October 2017, 13:04

Hi murpha57,

I've just had to remove your number from public display. To send a PM, you just need to click on the username and you'll see an option to 'Send Private Message.'

Thanks,
    Kev

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)