Really appalling customer care issues ongoing for 3 and a half months! (Question)

Tags:

thelaughingdog
Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation thelaughingdog has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

10 March 2017, 17:03

Having moved both my wife’s and my own mobile phone service to eir on the 25th of November and 27th of November respectively to our existing eir broadband & TV account, and purchased a Rose Gold 32GB iPhone 7 and Sony Xperia XZ as part of the move, eir set up my wife’s service under a new separate account number which cost significantly more than what we signed up for. It took until the 14th of January to have my wife’s mobile number showing on the correct account and at the correct price. Throughout the process of trying to get the number moved to the correct account I was given the run around from eir until they eventually admitted that no internal process existed to correct this error. In the absence of a process to correct this error they suggested that I return the phone, await it’s receipt at eir before they would issue a new phone & SIM on the correct account or alternatively I could pay for a new phone upfront with a new SIM on the correct account and then return the previously purchased phone and SIM on the incorrect account and await a refund. At this point I was already waiting for a month to receive a jiffy bag from eir to return my own faulty phone so didn’t have any faith in their solution to return the phone and await a replacement as it could potentially cause a lengthy loss in service. As their alternative solution was going to leave me out of pocket a significant amount of money I refused to accept either solution and continued to press them for an acceptable solution only achieving success when I warned them repeatedly that I would be referring the matter to COMREG and PriceWatch. At this point they were able to create an internal process to resolve the issue. In the meantime I had been charged for an additional SIM card on the correct account for the previous month while they tried to port my wife’s number across to it with the internal process which didn’t exist. At no point during this process was I able to successfully escalate this matter within eir. I spent several hours on the phone to them and several hours were also spent physically in my local eir shop in Ennis.
In the meantime after receiving my phone and new SIM I noted that I wasn’t receiving a 4G connection so I contacted eir about this and was told that 4G hadn’t been activated on the account. This was remedied after a bit of back and forth. Only 5 days after I took delivery of the Sony Xperia XZ I purchased with my service plan, the headphone socket on the phone proved to be faulty and I sought to return it. From the 12th of December when I advised eir of the issue, and following numerous other telephone calls to eir, eir allegedly raised in total 4 internal orders to dispatch a jiffy bag to me for the return of the phone. I eventually got the jiffy bag one month after requesting it initially and returned my phone to eir on the 20th of January. A further 10 days later eir booked the return on to their system and instead of organising a replacement handset, they cancelled the SIM contract associated with that phone. Several more hours were spent on the phone between the 30th and 31st of January trying to resolve this issue. I tried and failed once more to have this issue escalated within eir being told I’d receive a call back which I never did receive in the end. The most expedient solution offered by eir to the issue was to go to my local shop in Galway where I work, get a new SIM and do a missdin swop which I was subsequently told in the shop would not work as my number had been cancelled from their system. Having spent an hour and a half at the shop I was issued a new SIM card on my account and assured that my old number would be ported over. The following day it still had not ported over and I had not received the call back from a supervisor re this issue I yet again called eir and was passed between a number of operators until I had my number successfully ported over to the new SIM and active again, however at this stage I was still without a replacement for my faulty, returned phone. I queried how they were even going to send a replacement phone to me as the original SIM card with which this phone presumably had been associated with on their system had been cancelled in error by them, as they obviously had treated the return of my phone as a cancellation as opposed to a return for repair or replacement. Very much tongue in cheek and so as to give eir the opportunity to compensate me for the by now significant number of hours I had spent on the phone to them and in their stores trying to resolve their mistakes I requested that instead of sending me a replacement Sony Xperia XZ, they send me instead a black 128GB Apple iPhone 7. This was of course refused by eir and no counter offer of any kind of compensation was made by them to cover the cost of my time. I agreed with the agent that they issue a replacement Sony Xperia XZ and they confirmed that they would be raising the order. By the 3rd of March I still had not received a replacement handset or any notification from either eir or Nightline that an order had been processed and a phone was being sent to me. As I also had not at this point been refunded the original purchase price of the Sony Xperia XZ if, as I suspect, in the event that they had cancelled my phone upon it’s return to them. I rang eir again and after a lengthy time and my refusal to be fobbed off I allegedly spoke with a supervisor within eir Loyalty who told me that she would look in to why an order hadn’t been raised for a replacement phone and would look in to getting a replacement order raised, however as it would need to be treated as a new order it would attract a price of €149 on their system which she would try to get waived. She confirmed that she would contact me back within 3 hours, by 16:00 that afternoon and as of today, 10/03/17 I still haven’t heard back from her, or any member of staff within eir. Neither have I received notice that a replacement order has been shipped from Nightline and the original purchase price of the Sony Xperia XZ has not been refunded to me.
The eir staff clearly don’t care about their customers, their every action is to frustrate any complaints from being resolved. In addition to the above issues I have been prompted to examine the bills received to date from eir and have noted several incorrect charges for things which should be included in my plan and promotional discounts which should have been applied to the account have been removed prematurely. I can’t afford to leave eir as this would necessitate me paying in excess of €500 to get replacement phones and service provision from alternative suppliers before cancelling my service with eir so as to ensure that I don’t suffer further losses ddue to eir’s mistakes and inability and unwillingness to fix these issues in a timely fashion. Therefore I am taking the steps of:
a) Making an official complaint about the matter to COMREG.
b) Passing the issue on to PriceWatch at the Irish Times, perhaps they may find it an interesting case study which they would like to publish.
c) I will post this to the relevant social media platforms such as twitter, boards.ie and eir’s own online support forum.
I have documented in as much detail as possible all of my dealings on the above matters with eir, which is available in a separate document and all bill amounts and payments made by me to eir in an Excel table. In addition I will also be making a FOI request for eir to provide me with all notes made by them on my account and for a copy of any and all recordings of telephone conversations between eir and myself.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 955
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

15 March 2017, 16:20

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch & I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that happened.

Is there an account number & name on the account you can PM us so that we can take a look into this for you?
    Once again my apoogies for the inconvenience & experience you've been through.

-Addy
  • thelaughingdog
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation thelaughingdog has received from other members.

Author

15 March 2017, 23:14

Addy, Pamela on eir's Boards.ie forum got on to me already this afternoon and I have responded to her on that forum. As it stands following my most recent call to eir on Monday of this week I have now had no option but to refer the matter to my solicitor.
    #eirnocare
  • eir_shruthieir_shruthi
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_shruthi has received from other members.

comments: 468

16 March 2017, 15:14

I'm sorry this has caused you to feel this way and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Shruthi.
  • oliviak
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation oliviak has received from other members.

22 March 2017, 13:12

Good lord! What an ordeal. I am fearful that this is the same sort of service I am experiencing as a new customer to Eir. each time, to which there have been many that I have spoken to the customer care or loyalty department etc. They just tell you what you want to hear in an effort to get you off the phone. Firstly I signed up for the broadband and phone in my new home which took quite some time as the line had to come across from Sky (one would think Eir would like to win business from a competitor). After many weeks waiting, it was finally ready and an engineer came and installed router, just to note he actually rang the landline to let me know he was on way and that call worked fine. So broadband is up and running and all is fine. About two weeks later I decide to move my bill mobile over to Eir. I go for the iPhone 7 128GB and pay immediately €249. I then wait........... I call Eir to see how my order is progressing..., (by the way if I never called, god knows, would Eir have updated me? I doubt it) and I am told that they have to wait for my "line" to become "active" before they can dispatch phone. I asked how is my line not active when I have already received calls on it and I am told it's just a process that has to be done but it will be done today like (Friday) and your phone will be sent, you will get it prob Monday or Tuesday. Ok.... I ask about delivery because like most people who can afford Eir's broadband, phone and mobile I need to work 5 days a week and that's Monday to Friday and a nice distance from my home. I am told it has to go to that address and it can't be changed. Ok..... there seemingly was nothing else that could be done. Following week comes, no text, emails or calls from Eir or nightline. I call Eir again to check again on the status of my order. Well this time I am given the "waiting" for the line to become active story again only this time the girl actually bothered to get the facts and tell me how long it might take. So moving forward to when the line became active and when the order was dispatched. Time taken off work to meet courier to receive new phone, all seemingly good. I setup phone but avoid porting over phone number for two reasons 1) the agent I spoke to online about doing so was extremely rude when he kept asking me the same question over and over. Who is your current service provider.... I say Postmobile and he says the same question again, I give same answer, he goes again with same question (I'm getting frustrated), he says "it can be Vodafone, meteor, three"...... oh really I didn't realise it could only be one of those..... HOW ABOUT MY CURRENT BILL PHONE IS WITH POSTMOBILE! So needless to say didn't port over number at that point. Probably just as well. It gave me time to setup the new iPhone and discover faults such as hitting the home button shows something is loose, then playing music it becomes apparent there is also an issue with the speakers. Soooooo....... off I go again to seek some MORE assistance from the ever helpful Eir. Spoke to tech support who confirmed from my description that I had a "faulty" phone (nice one lads) and they transferred me to the "loyalty department". So the girl tells me she has to send out the Jiffy bag to get the phone back and once they get the phone back they will issue a new one. This she tells me on Tuesday morning. I ask her, if you send that Jiffy bag today, will I receive it tomorrow? She answers yes. And will you send that Jiffy bag today - yes. I ask basically if I send back immediately you get it Thursday and send out new phone I should have it by Friday right and she is agreeing but not 100%. I told her that I needed this solved by Friday as this was turning into a joke. She made a note of it on my file - bet that went far! So anyhow Wednesday comes and surprise surprise no Jiffy bag which then leads me to understand this won't be sorted by Friday and what Eir now expect from me is for me to sit and wait for a Jiffy bag to come which lets face it from seeing other people's experiences could be anytime.... then when they get it back they will at some point process a new order for new phone .... and expect to send it out via courier to only the address which is your home.....again that one we would all love to spend more time in but unfortunately work 5 days a week. So how much am I out of pocket already with Eir and what have I received? Why is it that Eir can insist on using a courier to send out faulty phones to you but when taking them back ah sure an auld Jiffy bag will do, sure no rush in getting that back. And sure what odds well just PISS THE CUSTOMER OFF EVRN MORE!
    I'm already dreading cancelling all of this because I am sure that will be a rigmaroll too!
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 955
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

22 March 2017, 16:39

Hi Oliviak,

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues with your order & my sincere apologies for your experience on the call.

Can you PM your account number & name on the account? We'll be happy to look into this for you.

Apologies once again.

-Addy

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)