eVision Guide and using the OneGuide on XBox (Solved)

Tags:

swhelband
Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation swhelband has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

11 November 2017, 13:09

I've recently simplified my AV setup downstairs (a lot!) and have routed my eVision box through my recently upgraded Xbox-X to drive a far easier setup. eVision is a fully listed provider through the OneGuide on Microsoft's console but it doesn't for some reason, show the HD channels available. They're simply not there. (Fox HD, BBC 1, 2, Eir and BT Sports HD channels etc).

According to Xbox support, the feed to display channels and programme guides is defined as follows: "The accuracy of the channel lineup information depends on the public channel lineup databases shared by cable channel providers."

For now, I'm using the Xbox guide for SD channels and have to resort back to the eVision remote to access HD channels directly. Is there any chance the channel lineup feeds published by Eir can be updated so they actually relay accurate channel info (as this definitely seems to be an Eir issue)?

Now, if truth be told, the OneGuide is far far superior to the eVision one. eVision's guide is clunky, slow as hell, and generally feels about 10 years out of date and desperately needs a full refresh. Technology is moving quickly but Eir TV seems to be firmly stuck in stasis. Given this, and there's been very little true tangible improvement in the service over the last 12 months, I may well find myself moving providers when my time is up if things don't start to measurably improve (so head's up Eir, you really need to up your game).

Your offerings, likely limited by the relatively poor hardware, are paling in comparison to the other providers now. For example, where's your 4K streams? BT Sports for example? I've a 4K TV, I've the bandwidth to watch it, but you just don't broadcast it. You also still don't do Sky Sports HD (which is becoming more frustrating by the day, given on a 4K TV, your SD feeds are damn right terrible).

Feedback welcome.
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi Swhelband,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

I'd recommend you to reset the TV box. To reset the TV box, navigate the menu by pressing Menu on the remote, choosing Settings , then choosing reset and then in the Reset menu selecting Reset Settings, this will prompt you for Parental Control pin (which is usually 1111 or 1234).

As we are unable to troubleshoot any technical issues from here but you're more than welcome to contact our Technical Support team on 1890260260 or 1901 (freephone) or click here to chat with one of our agents and they will be able to troubleshoot the speed issue for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 482
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

13 November 2017, 12:35

Hi Swhelband,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

I'd recommend you to reset the TV box. To reset the TV box, navigate the menu by pressing Menu on the remote, choosing Settings , then choosing reset and then in the Reset menu selecting Reset Settings, this will prompt you for Parental Control pin (which is usually 1111 or 1234).

As we are unable to troubleshoot any technical issues from here but you're more than welcome to contact our Technical Support team on 1890260260 or 1901 (freephone) or click here to chat with one of our agents and they will be able to troubleshoot the speed issue for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • swhelband
    Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation swhelband has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

14 November 2017, 13:54

This isn't solved, please stop trying to just hit KPI's as opposed to actually answering the questions correctly.

So if you got out of my post, that resetting the eVision box will fix this, Eir eVision is in a whole lot more trouble than I originally thought!

Two key issues: -
    1. Your published public cable channel information that 3rd parties use to populate their own guides is out of date and does not contain your HD channels. This is an Eir issue. You publish this (otherwise my XBox would not be able to allow me to select "eVision IPTV" as a provider).

So question one: Do you have any plans to fix this?

2. The complete user experience of the eVision guide is horribly dated, and just slow overall (resetting the box isn't going to fix this, it's inherent in the design). It needs serious work to bring it up to speed with current competitors.

Question 2: Does Eir have any plans on improving or rolling our a new guide as part of the eVision roadmap?

I'm trying to give some feedback here that I hope is passed on. Your fibre broadband is great, but your TV service is lagging, quite dramatically and you'll find more and more of us (especially those of us who are tech-savy and aware of the what is happening within this space) will move elsewhere unless serious improvements are made.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 482
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 November 2017, 12:25

I'm sorry about that, Swhelband.

I'm afraid the IPTV option won't work in Smart Tv, however, it works only on normal TV. I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade eirvision plans that has been in progress, unfortunately, at present, there are no details available to suggest when the upgrades will be done.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)