Very Unhappy supposed to be New Customer (Question)

Tags:

Bridget78
Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Bridget78 has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

5 October 2017, 23:21

I recently switched to Eir for my TV, Broadband and phone as my current provider were not living up to the promises they had made regarding speed of our broadband and because our package did not include mobile calls. I even accepted the €100 penalty for breach of contract and gave a months notice. I registered with Eir at the start of September 2017 - I have been issued and account number and on the 14th of September I received an appointment for my initial installation on the 21st of September, the same day I got notification of an appointment an Engineer contacted me to say that he would be in my area on the Saturday 16th if it suited for him to complete my installation. I agreed, on the Saturday he arrived but said it wasn't going to be straightforward and he would have to re-order something. On the 20th of September I rang and an automated system told me that I had an appointment for the day after. Nobody came and we heard nothing from Eir, so I rang and after being on hold for 30 mins - I was cut off. This became a habit ringing, being placed on hold and being cut off before I spoke to anybody. When I finally got through I was told I would receive a call back on the Monday - I never got it so I began calling again and again. I was told my order had been resent and I would receive an installation day within the next week. A week later, still no installation date, I received my modem in the post and I called again to find out when I would receive an installation date, I was told the issue was being escalated. Escalated to where...?, two days later and I have received no information. I had to contact my current provider and request they hold off on my cancellation for at least another week, which they have kindly obliged to do. To top it all of I got a bill from Eir Today!! The only thing at the moment that is stopping me from cancelling and remaining with my current provider is that the package doesn't include mobile calls. Do you not want me as a customer??
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 179
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

6 October 2017, 16:48

Hi Bridget78,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with your service. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

I can assure you this is not the norm at eir as we always strive to provide the best customer experience possible & really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be more than happy to relay your feedback to the relevant team.

I will chase this up with our technical support team for you to see what the issue is with your broadband service. I'll be back in touch with you here as soon as I have more information on this issue for you.

Can you PM your account number & full name? I'll look into this for you.

-Balaji

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)