Eir Customer Service is a National Discrace (Solved)

Tags:

eirisanationaldiscrace
Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation eirisanationaldiscrace has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

11 October 2017, 23:05

Eir you are a national disgrace and you are failing YOUR existing customers. For over three months now we have been asking to get connected to Extreme Direct Home Fibre Broadband (up to 1000mb speed). We know you have made the investment in installing it in our estate.
FACT 1: The KN Group Engineer who installed our phone line, confirmed over three months ago that the ducting and cabling for Extreme Direct Fibre 1000mb speed broadband is installed outside our gate.
FACT 2. My next-door neighbor has already been connected to this service and the other houses in the estate are showing on your website as available for connection. There was even an Eir representative going to door to door in our estate to inform us that this service was available!
FACT 3: You insist that it is not available to us because of an ERROR ON YOUR SYSTEM. You tell us there is no escalation point to get this corrected. Really?!
You should be ashamed of yourselves. Your company is fundamentally flawed in the way it operates if you cannot update your system with the most current information.
All we have asked for and continue to ask for is for an engineer to come out and check and confirm to you that the Direct Fibre cabling is available so that we can be connected. You DO NOT LISTEN to your customers at all, it is disgraceful.
Can anyone out there help us get this resolved?
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there,

I've checked your line & can see the maximum speeds are up to 12Mb & e-fibre has not reached your address yet. Unfortunately, we'd be unable to give a guaranteed timeframe on this.

You can view the most up to date information on the e-Fibre roll out here.

You're also more than welcome to check your landline number or address
here. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available to you, you will be notified.

I've checked this for you & could see the e-fibre has not reached your address yet, I'm afraid. We do understand that your near-by house is fibre enabled however fibre connectivity is dependant on locality. The ports on the cabinet should be enabled fibre so that the line to the house would be connected & each line is connected to a different cabinet. It is not unusual for some people to have fibre in the same address & other's not. The factor's behind this is, the number of fibre ports enabled in the cabinet would've been used at the maximum or the cabinet is due to a fibre upgrade in the future.

We've scheduled a number of exchanges that have been running for years now to upgrade to fibre, however, there are no suggestions or details when these upgrades will go through & this would also depend upon the depth of work inherited, whether consents from the road, planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 196
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

12 October 2017, 10:09

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch & I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with the service. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

I can assure you this is not the norm at eir as we always strive to provide the best customer experience possible.

Can you please PM your landline number, full postal address with eircode? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 196
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Answer

12 October 2017, 11:07

Hi there,

I've checked your line & can see the maximum speeds are up to 12Mb & e-fibre has not reached your address yet. Unfortunately, we'd be unable to give a guaranteed timeframe on this.

You can view the most up to date information on the e-Fibre roll out here.

You're also more than welcome to check your landline number or address
    here. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available to you, you will be notified.

I've checked this for you & could see the e-fibre has not reached your address yet, I'm afraid. We do understand that your near-by house is fibre enabled however fibre connectivity is dependant on locality. The ports on the cabinet should be enabled fibre so that the line to the house would be connected & each line is connected to a different cabinet. It is not unusual for some people to have fibre in the same address & other's not. The factor's behind this is, the number of fibre ports enabled in the cabinet would've been used at the maximum or the cabinet is due to a fibre upgrade in the future.

We've scheduled a number of exchanges that have been running for years now to upgrade to fibre, however, there are no suggestions or details when these upgrades will go through & this would also depend upon the depth of work inherited, whether consents from the road, planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)