Calls about (Question)

Tags:

TeresaD
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation TeresaD has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

10 July 2018, 11:06

I am receiving Phone Calls from numbers sample as follows 003534714869519 003434714462505. 059456123. 0015192537793. 056611893. 003434714491369
How can I block these calls.
Waste of time contacting CHAT on eir
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

10 July 2018, 12:43

Hi there TeresaD,

You'll be able to block the numbers from your handset settings. Alternatively, if you could confirm your make and model of your handset, I'll be able to provide you with the steps to block the numbers from your handset.

-Vaishali
  • TeresaD
    Newbie Poster

Author

10 July 2018, 12:56

Thank you for your reply.
    This is not an option as the number changes every new call. So if I block a number they just ring from a different number. they pretent to be from Microsoft or windows 10 and ask me to log onto my computer. one guy used abusive language when I asked him to get off the phone and stop trying to scam people.
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

10 July 2018, 14:11

You can click here to view more on our support forum about the phishing or scam calls, TeresaD.

-Vaishali
  • TeresaD
    Newbie Poster

Author

10 July 2018, 21:13

Your link does not address my problem. My problem is nuisance calls to my landline not internet security.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

11 July 2018, 13:23

In accordance with Data Protection legislation, consumers have a right to opt out of receiving unsolicited/telemarketing calls from third parties, TeresaD.

Since you are an eir customer you can opt-out of unsolicited calls by contacting us on 1901(freephone), selecting service enquiry and then choose other requests - please remember to have your account number ready. We will pass your preference to the National Directory Database (NDD), which is the central register for this information.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)