Cancelling a landline (Question)

Tags:

SJennette

You can see here how much appreciation SJennette has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

22 March 2018, 18:34

I requested a cancellation of a phone line at the beginning of March. I emailed the account change team as the occupier was going into a nursing home (the occupier is my Dad), with confirmation from the nursing home that my Dad was a permanent resident. No answer.
Emailed on the 16th. Again, no answer.
A month later and the line is still live

Shocking shocking service bordering on incompetent.
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51

26 March 2018, 10:29

Hi SJennette,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • SJennette

You can see here how much appreciation SJennette has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

27 March 2018, 10:19

Replied on IM.

I spent an hour on Friday afternoon trying to get some sense out of your staff. you could tell that it was getting near 6PM as I has repeatedly put on hold and then cut off.
    I finally spoke to Holly. I was assured that the line would switch off yesterday. Guess what? The line is still live!
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

3 April 2018, 13:00

Hi SJennette,

Sometimes during busier periods, it may take a longer time to connect with an agent. If you would get in touch with them, they will be more than happy to assist you with this. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

If you could PM me your account number and full name? I'll look into this for you.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)