Landline number changed by Eir-no resolution! (Question)

Tags:

kerryeir18

You can see here how much appreciation kerryeir18 has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

7 August 2018, 21:51

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this or point me in right direction. This is the first time I have ever posted a complaint in any forum but I feel I have no other option. Apologies in advance for the length of the following-
I switched my account and my parents account to Eir at start of July. They live next door but for some reason I required a technician to call and they didn't. The sales rep gave me no specific reason for this and just said it came up on the system so as I have a newer house I presumed that was the reason. When technician arrived a week later he informed me that my phone was now working through modem and I would no longer have a landline if there was loss of power/modem stopped working. I was quite surprised at this and he just said that was the order. Therefore I contacted Eir to say that I was unhappy with this 2 days later (after other issues with activation of broadband that I tried to resolve with online care team). I was informed that Eir had made a mistake and that this should never have been done. I was then told that my line would have to be deactivated for 3-5 working days and issue would then be resolved. Technician rang me next day and said that he had moved some bits at the local exchange and all should be okay-or so I thought.
That evening tried to ring my landline as I was out to find that there was no answer. On return home found out line had never rang and after further investigation found that my landline number had been changed completely!
I have since contacted Eir on numerous occasions. I have foolishly accepted all their assurances that it was being sorted out and at all times waited for the specified times (5 working days, 48 hours etc) before calling them again. Each time I have been assured that it was going to be resolved and that the particular agent would call me (no one has called me).
Today I got on to Comreg who said I needed to make a formal complaint and get a complaint's number- rang but no joy! Customer service rep said supervisor would have to do that and supervisor never rang me!
Can anyone help me with this issue or point me to somewhere that I can actually talk to someone who will resolve my issue? As I said, I never asked for VOIP etc and only figured out what was going on by piecing together bits of info from different sources. This is 100% Eir's fault as I only wanted to switch provider and my 14 day cooling off period is well gone so I can't even change back to my previous provider- PLEASE HELP!
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2203
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

8 August 2018, 17:33

Hi there Kerryeir18,

I can understand your frustration and apologise that you were unable to get the help you needed on this & we would really like to help get this resolved for you here.

Can you please PM your account number, full name and full postal address? I'll be happy to look into this for you.

-Vaishali
  • kerryeir18

You can see here how much appreciation kerryeir18 has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

8 August 2018, 19:14

Dear Vaishali,
    I will pm you but I want to make clear that I will be posting on here and taking this further if I do not get a resolution to my problem in the immediate future
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2203
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

9 August 2018, 12:25

I'll respond to your PM shortly, Kerryeir18.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)