New estate Loughrea Co Galway (Question)

PaddyD
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation PaddyD has received from other members.

comments: 10
Author

3 April 2017, 17:54

Hello, we are in a new estate in Radharc na Sleibhte Cottage Hill Loughrea Co Galway. The estate is now over half full, the builders say everyone is waiting on eircom for months to install the phone lines. Can you give any updates as to when we can get the phones turned on in this estate? Thanks
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 941
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

3 April 2017, 18:05

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'd recommend contacting openeir on 01-5366550 & they'd be able to advise you with more information on this.

-Addy
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

3 April 2017, 18:38

Hello, what is openeir?
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 941
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

4 April 2017, 15:57

Hi Paddy,

Openeir are KN engineers sub-contracted from eir. They would be in the best position to know more on this i'm afraid.

Let us know if ou need anything else.

-Addy
  • saltmountain
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation saltmountain has received from other members.

comments: 2

15 July 2017, 22:48

any update on cottage hill?

Am looking for a house there but would need broadband before I do anything

thanks in advance
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 544
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 11:29

Hi Saltmountain,

Can you PM your landline number and full address with eircode and I'll look into this for you?

- Angel
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

17 July 2017, 13:58

eir_addy wrote:

Hi Paddy,

I'd recommend contacting openeir on 01-5366550 & they'd be able to advise you with more information on this.

-Addy

Here is the response from Openeir

Unfortunately you are through to the wrong area; We are Open Eir. Open Eir are a wholesaler and it is a breach of regulatory compliance for our team to be in communication with customers from any operator.

Please contact your service provider, or a service provider of your choosing, to address your query.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 14:09

I've responded to your PM, PaddyD.

- Angel
  • saltmountain
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation saltmountain has received from other members.

comments: 2

17 July 2017, 14:09

they sound like a nightmare to deal with

so i get the feeling cottage hill is out for the time being unless with the likes of imagine or lightnet?
    one of the neighbours told me it would be months before they have landline broadband
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 14:10

I've received your PM, Saltmountain.

I'll get back to you shorlty in PM.

- Angel
  • Paul_M
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Paul_M has received from other members.

comments: 5

24 August 2017, 09:28

4 months later, any progress with this? Can eir instruct their subcontractors to connect this estate to the fibre grid? Is there an "Open eir Angel" somewhere in the community that could help resolve this?
  • eir Prabhakaraneir Prabhakaran

You can see here how much appreciation eir Prabhakaran has received from other members.

comments: 107

24 August 2017, 12:05

Hi Paul_M,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please PM your account number, name on the account & full postal address? I'll look into this for you.

-Prabhakaran
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 August 2017, 13:53

Its been 9 months now and we still cant get an answer as to when we can have a phone line never mind broadband.

Eir Prabhakaran I will pm my account # and address, can you check on this for me also? Thanks

You can see here how much appreciation eir Prabhakaran has received from other members.

24 August 2017, 14:09

HI PaddyD,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'll surely look into your PM& get back to you.

-Prabhakaran
  • Paul_M
    Occasional Poster

24 August 2017, 14:50

Hi eir Prabhakaran,

What is the purpose of "looking into it for me" with account details? Is this to make the basic checks for phone/broadband availability? If so, it's pointless if Open Eir haven't provided the infrastructural connection which up until last month they had not.

I've spoken to a KN rep who came to our house and confirmed the connection has yet to be made to the estate and that he'd submitted a request for this to happen.

Surely eir can find out from the company they employ as a subcontractor (KN), (i) if they intend to make a connection to the estate and (ii) when this will happen? Surely they can issue an instruction to KN to make this connection, book it into their diary and make it happen at an agreed date.

I'd rather not get into an email thread to find out nothing more than what I already know. So the question remains:

Paul_M wrote:

4 months later, any progress with this? Can eir instruct their subcontractors to connect this estate to the fibre grid?

Make that 9 months later as PaddyD has said. Will it be another 9 months? Should we take our business elsewhere?

Genuine answers to genuine questions would be helpful.

Cheers,

Paul

24 August 2017, 15:50

I'm afraid, we'd be unable to provide you with the exact time frame from here when the fiber will be available in your cabinet. We've scheduled a number of exchanges that have been running for years now to upgrade to fibre, however, there are no suggestions or details when these upgrades will go through & this would also depend up on the depth of work inherited, whether consents from the road, planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've been through. Once the service is available you'll be notified & a member of our team will get back to you about the proceedings. we'd be unable to check which cabinet & exchange you're connected & also we don't the visibility to look into this from here. eir Fibre broadband is marketed and sold on the basis that it is a subject to availability. This is determined by factors such as proximity to the nearest cabinet, the distance your line covers between the cabinet and your home - bearing in mind that it does not necessarily travel directly from point to point, the volume of traffic which passes through the local exchange itself as well as the accessibility of provision and the costs to supply service.

I'm afraid it isn't possible to fund the fibre installation on your own as this would be scheduled to openeir engineers to have this looked.

Apologies again we couldn't offer the best news from here.

- Prabhakaran
  • Paul_M
    Occasional Poster

24 August 2017, 16:11

Thanks Prabhakaran! By the sounds of things, eir don't need the business and eir's competitors can't have the business because eir control the infrastructure and the decision on whether or not a new estate is worthy of connection. I think if there were 500 houses in the estate, it'd be done by now but at 40 houses, it's not worth the hassle and there's no need to worry about it because nobody else can offer fibre. Might buy a carrier pigeon.
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 August 2017, 16:48

Prabhakaran, the fibre cab is less than 100 meters up the road and its been live for years now, we simply want phonelines! Then we can connect to the cab that is less than 100 meters up the road. Waiting 9 months for a phoneline is ridiculous when we are in the middle of a large town surrounded by fiber cabs.
  • Paul_M
    Occasional Poster

24 August 2017, 16:53

Prabhakaran, can PaddyD's information be passed on to someone in eir who deals with Open eir?

24 August 2017, 18:05

I can completely understand your situation, Paul_M. I'd request you to ring our open eir team directly on 01 5366550 & they'd be able to advise you with more information on this.

Apologies again.

-Prabhakaran
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 August 2017, 19:25

Ringing Open Eir is useless, this is what they said to me, when a mod on this very thread told me to ring them.

"Here is the response from Openeir

Unfortunately you are through to the wrong area; We are Open Eir. Open Eir are a wholesaler and it is a breach of regulatory compliance for our team to be in communication with customers from any operator.

Please contact your service provider, or a service provider of your choosing, to address your query."

Can anyone in Eir just give a straight answer to the question, after 9 months in the middle of a large town, why cant we get phonelines?
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

24 August 2017, 19:27

Nowhere to turn but Comreg next unfortunately, to force Eir's hand.

Its the law you provide us with a phoneline, waiting 9 months, you are in breach of the regulations.
  • Paul_M
    Occasional Poster

24 August 2017, 21:36

That's true PaddyD, I wasn't aware of that. https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-services/home-phone/universal-services-obligations-on-eir/
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

25 August 2017, 17:25

I filed a complaint with comreg today, for those following.
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 1156
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

28 August 2017, 17:06

Hi there PaddyD & Paul_M

I'm so sorry to hear about your journey so far so sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you both want, I will be more than happy to look into this for you both and see exactly why this is taking so long to get resolved.

Would you both have order numbers that I can follow up on? If so, please send this onto me via PM along with any other personal details (full names, account numbers etc)

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • PaddyD
    Occasional Poster

Author

28 August 2017, 17:46

PM sent

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)