Poles due to be decommissioned (Solved)

Tags:
order ,

ecmgardner

You can see here how much appreciation ecmgardner has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

12 February 2018, 17:17

We have several telegraph poles on our lane which have apparently been marked to be decommissioned (marked with a 'D'). My neighbours and I would like to find out how we could ask to have the new lines buried rather than on poles. Although incidental we live in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and it would be nice to get rid of the telegraph poles completely if they are already due to be decommissioned. I live in hope that the decommissioning is linked to the roll-out of rural broadband in our village!

Who should we contact about this and what the plans are for replacement service in the lane?

Many thanks,

Liz
Solved. Read answer here:

As previously advised, you're more than welcome to contact us by request in writing either by post or email to the following addresses:
Email: plantalterations@eir.ie

Postal address :

Plant Alterations,
Desk 6B-19 eir HQ,
1 Heuston South Quarter
St John's Road
Dublin 8.

Your request should include:
Name, billing address, including eir code
Site address, including eir code, if different
Land and mobile telephone numbers
Brief summary of job request

-Manoj

View original comment
  • eir Manojeir Manoj

You can see here how much appreciation eir Manoj has received from other members.

comments: 123
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 February 2018, 13:56

Hi there Ecmgardner,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If you just click here you will see all the information we have on ''Replacement service" and will answer a lot of your questions.

Thanks.
    -Manoj
  • ecmgardner

You can see here how much appreciation ecmgardner has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

13 February 2018, 14:09

Thanks Manoj,

I've had a read of the page.

Unfortunately the information sent on that page only relates to the public making a request rather than discussion of works planned by Eir. I'm not making a specific request (nor do I need to), rather I'm attempting to find out what the plans are.

So maybe if I re-order my thoughts! My question is, who should I write to about scheduled works?

Many thanks,

Liz
  • eir Manojeir Manoj

You can see here how much appreciation eir Manoj has received from other members.

comments: 123
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Answer

13 February 2018, 15:14

As previously advised, you're more than welcome to contact us by request in writing either by post or email to the following addresses:
    Email: plantalterations@eir.ie

Postal address :

Plant Alterations,
    Desk 6B-19 eir HQ,
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8.

Your request should include:
    Name, billing address, including eir code
    Site address, including eir code, if different
    Land and mobile telephone numbers
    Brief summary of job request

-Manoj

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)