Complaint - Stay Clear From eir (Question)

Tags:

JJPPK
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation JJPPK has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

29 December 2016, 18:49

Here goes - Moved house, promised mobile, home phone, internet and TV from Eir - set it up. 4 months on we have a mobile phone, no house phone, no internet, no tv, a hundred phone calls to customer care and another extended date.
Long story short - technician after technician not able to put in phone line as some genius put in a 2bit cable where a 10bit cable was suppose to go. 4 months and many house calls later, technicians call but can't do anything, missed appointments and they still haven't got permission to change it.
To top that, they gave me a mobile dongle with 100gb limit that when used you must pay for an add on. You pay for the add on which they can't add until the start of the next month - when you get your full 100gb back anyways. Which EIR Genius came up with the idea of an add on that you can't use until the next month.
Basically, After 4months and hundreds of calls later, no internet over the Xmas and add ons I can't use - the best advice they can give me is pretty much change my sim (which the Eir shop said was a load of #*^€"@€, get an add on which cannot be added, get a meteor SIM card to get me through until the start of next month or cancel my account and pay the fine as I've signed up on contract.
So EIR's moto is, we'"" take your money, sign you up on contract, not provide the services, get technicians from other companies to call for a laugh, chat or put you on hold for hours, recommend other companies to provide a temporary service, charge you for add ins you can't add on, cap your mobile dongle limit "AT CHRISTMAS" and tell you to cancel but you'll pay through the teeth for it if you do.

What a company, what a service and what a way to ruin our Christmas and New Years Day - Thank You EIR - I'd like you to explain to the 8 children calling around why we can't use the PS4, Sky Q or Download any Xmas films.
Just to let you know, this is the first time I've ever used a complaints forum and if a company can annoy me - trust me - it's taken 4months of absolute nonsense from EIR for me to go this far. I am absolutely furious with their false promises, follow up and lack of customer care -
Taking Money - 10/10
Customer Care - 1/10 (feel sorry for the genuine people trying to help but management, technicians and false sales pitches hampering their efforts)
Customer Help & Meaningful Response - Yet to be seen - Watch this space!
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 919
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

29 December 2016, 19:17

Hi JJPPK,

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear about this & My apologies for your customer journey on this.

Can you PM your account number? I'll look into this for you.

-Addy
  • JJPPK
    Newbie Poster

Author

29 December 2016, 20:16

As part of signing up and signing into this forum you must give your account details, mobile number etc. - do you mind if I ask, why do you need my account number - surely you have that already and to be honest as sorry as you are, I'm the one that will be the most apologetic to the 8 children calling on New Years Day with no tv, internet or online games - hard to hold an online FIFA competition with the nephews at home and abroad without internet - even though I have a mobile dongle and an added top up that apparently can't be added until I get my new quota at the start of next months bill on the 2nd. I bet you if I said I'd sign up for an extra mobile phone or another more expensive package - there would be a way. And to be honest, if there's no way of adding on an add on, when you actually need it MOST, then surely that is the MOST ridiculous and stupid sales item I have ever heard of.
    Please, if you are going to help, can you please open my modem so my nephews can play Fifa and my nieces can use Sky Q. And don't recommend that I go to Meteor!
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

2 January 2017, 18:17

Sorry for the delay. I've received your PM & i'll continue to respond to you in PM.

-Addy
  • JJPPK
    Newbie Poster

Author

11 February 2017, 20:20

Hi Addy - still no response - not to worry but can you please bring this to the attention of Jenna Brown - Connection Installation Manager - as proof of my previous complaint - thanks
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 February 2017, 15:20

Sorry about that. I've now responded toyour PM.

-Addy
  • JJPPK
    Newbie Poster

Author

13 February 2017, 15:43

Responded where???
    Apart from saying you've responded in this forum - I've not received any further response - have you passed this onto Jenna Brown yet?
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 February 2017, 15:52

Apologies again.

I've responded to your PM In-relation to this.

-Addy

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)