Cannot activate my Eir number/account online (Question)

ps200306
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation ps200306 has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

13 November 2017, 19:43

I received an Eir mobile SIM in the post last week and have been trying to activate it. I registered for "myEir" on the Eir website using the new SIM number and PIN, and received an activation link by mail, which I followed. I am now able to log into myEir but the dashboard view is broken:

As you can see, the "My Offer" panel says "Service is Currently Unavailable", and the "Main Balance" panel has a circular spinning cursor which never completes. The WebText panel when clicked pops up this message:

It then brings me to the profile settings screen where I attempt to fill in my details. However, no matter what I enter the same spinning cursor appears and never completes:

If I try to follow the link in original activation email again I get the following error:

I have tried all these steps a dozen times, in two different browsers (Firefox and Chrome). It seems my account (or your website) is broken. This is not very encouraging for my very first encounter with Eir. I hope you can help.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 482
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

14 November 2017, 10:13

Hi there Ps200306,

Thanks you so much for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry to hear this has caused you feel this way.

Can you please PM me with your mobile number, PIN & regsitered email address? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
  • ps200306
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation ps200306 has received from other members.

Author

14 November 2017, 15:35

PM sent.

Just to note, the problem I reported is still occurring today.

And a further note, though it is probably not relevant, when I use a javascript debugger on your "profile update" page (the one that I reported sits there with a spinning cursor), pressing the "Update my Details" button causes this error:

Error: details.misc is undefined
    updateDetails@https://my.eir.ie/opencms/export/system/modules/my.portal.opencms/mymeteor/assets/js/bundle.27.9.2017.1506512118170.js:8:870
    updateDetails@https://my.eir.ie/opencms/export/system/modules/my.portal.opencms/mymeteor/assets/js/bundle.27.9.2017.1506512118170.js:7:28288
    fn@https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/angularjs/1.4.9/angular.min.js line 216 > Function:4:433

After this error, the page makes no call to your server (or any http calls other than Google analytics).

Also, on the dashboard page there are multiple "404 not found" errors in response to queries sent by the javascript code which use my phone number as a parameter. Again, I have no way of knowing if this is relevant.
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 November 2017, 11:25

Thanks for the details, Ps200306.

I've received your PM and I'll respond to your PM shortly.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 November 2017, 13:57

Thanks for the details, Ps200306.

I've looked into your account and can see that your SIM is in the pre-provisioned state. I'd advise that you'll need to top up your number with a minimum of €10 and make three chargeable calls in order for the status to be active. Once, this is done, you'll be able to view the details in Myeir.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • ps200306
    Newbie Poster

Author

15 November 2017, 16:09

Thank you for the info, Vaishali. Could I respectfully suggest that the MyEir site would be a lot more useful if it told new users that, instead of hanging with misleading "Service not available" messages, since all new users will initially be in the pre-provisioned state.

However, I now have an additional problem. I ordered the SIM for use in a MiFi mobile broadband device. This device cannot make calls. How does one activate the SIM in the situation where no chargeable calls are made?

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)