Eir knowing broke my internet on Wednesday and now won't fix it until one week later. (Question)

Tags:

seanieosullivan
Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation seanieosullivan has received from other members.

comments: 23
Author

14 July 2017, 12:59

On Wednesday morning my internet went down at 09:15. I called Eir Customer Support and the agent had me resetting the modem and various other checks for more than one hour, before informing me that he would have to send an agent - within 2-3 working days! When I called Customer Service at about 16:00 to see if I could get better any idea when the agent would arrive another CS agent told me that the outage that days was actually scheduled (to change a port)! and that it would be by back by 17:00. Imagine, and all the bother that morning messing around with the modem, the CS agent has no idea! At 18:15 I checked and the issue was still NOT resolved. Then the agent said that it would be fixed the following morning ... obviously the technical people were no longer available as it was a nice sunny evening!

On Thursday morning it was the same deal, and after I called CA the next agent told me that I needed a new modem. While I protested that this was unlikely he was adamant.

So today (Friday) the new modem arrives and (surprise surprise) the same problem exists. So the new agent runs the tests and says that they will need to send out an agent in the next 2-3 working days!

So here's the deal: Eir broke my internet on Wednesday July 12th and likely will not restore it until at least one week later. I have my TV services also through Eir which are also down (kids are obviously furious as well). Eir will not expedite this, despite the fact that they knowingly broke it. Eir have an automated message since Thursday morning telling me my issue is resolved (after I enter my phone number), despite the fact that I have been in contact several times to tell them it is NOT resolved. Eir will NOT call me next week to follow up, the CS Supervisor told me I will get a text message, if it doesn't work after that I (yes me) will have to call them again. Also, it's very bad form that they can SCHEDULE a complete working day outage without informing Customer's (not to mind their agents).

If I had any other choice I would never deal with Eir again...
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 544
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

14 July 2017, 16:24

Hi Seanieosullivan,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this.

Can you PM your account number and name on the account and I'll look into this for you?

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation seanieosullivan has received from other members.

Author

14 July 2017, 17:00

******** Sean O'Sullivan
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

14 July 2017, 17:05

I've removed your account number from the public post. I'd recommend not to post your account details in public due to data protection reasons.

If you could PM your account details, I'll be able to look into this for you.

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

17 July 2017, 10:48

Today I enter my 6th day without internet or TV, but the people at Eir have still since sent me my full bill after having knowingly broken my internet but so far not bothered to fix it.

I would also like to note the following concerning the worrying Technical Support:

On Wednesday last Technical Support informed me that they tested the line and it was fine, despite the fact that it was disconnected at the exchange (as I was informed later). This is quite worrying that the test cannot detect that the port was disconnected. Doesn't say much about the testing. Frankly I don't believe anything Eir Support tell me any more.

On Thursday the Support rep asked me to connect to the modem and check something using my laptop and yellow cable. I informed him that I would instead connect using my iPad via wireless. He said that this would not be possible as my internet was down. I told him that the wireless in the house was working (that light is on in the modem), and it was the connection to the external internet that was down, but he still told me this would not work. Indeed I connected using my iPad, and he couldn't understand. It's very worrying that the Technical Support people who you are relying on to fix your issue don't even understand the basics!

I will now wait to see what Eir will do this week. We'll continue without broadband and TV until they can sometime schedule someone with a bit of free time on their hands to go to the exchange and fix what they broke last week. But I from what I can see Customer's like me are pretty low on their priority list.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

17 July 2017, 13:10

I'm sorry about the delayed response.

I've received your PM and I'll respond to it shortly.

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

18 July 2017, 13:43

7th day without internet and TV ... it's obvious that Eir do not care. They are still billing me though ... "Customer Service" doesn't work, but the Billing people are still operating grand.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 July 2017, 13:46

I'm really sorry about this.

I'll get back to you with an update soon.

- Angel
  • andylevel

You can see here how much appreciation andylevel has received from other members.

comments: 1

18 July 2017, 19:33

I've had a similar problem. I used to get between 22 and 24Mbs for the first 12months of my contract. Then one day the broadband just stopped. When I logged the fault the guy on the phone said he would connect me to the slower line just to give me something while it was being fixed.
    I got no contact about what works were being done and when i rang to find out they told me that my line no longer supported the previous speeds and that there was nothing they could do!! I raised the issue through another channel and they said they'd look into it again. Again, i had no contact after that so i contacted them to be told that the case number had been closed and i would not be getting the faster speed as the line no longer supports it.
    Surely if the line supported it for 12 months then it needs to be fixed to support it again, not just decide it cant anymore.
  • eir_Annaeir_Anna
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_Anna has received from other members.

comments: 20

19 July 2017, 12:48

Hi andylevel,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience to date.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna
  • Bridge
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Bridge has received from other members.

comments: 8

30 July 2017, 13:15

Sorry I signed up with Eir and would not recommend it to anyone else. Mine constantly dipping , worse than my previous provider and get no where with customer service. Try tweeting to large companies and celebs , that's my next step as frustrating beyond words .
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

31 July 2017, 12:10

Hi Bridge,

I'm sorry that you feel this way.

I've responded to your other thread.

- Angel
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

15 August 2017, 11:51

I am now 5 weeks without TV, and EIR are still still charging me in full! Also, what infuriated me was that Eir reset my modem while I was away , without informing me, resulting in the fact that a security camera I was monitoring via my internet/iphone was no longer reachable for the remainder of my vacation. Resetting a modem without informing customer resulting in bringing down customer's service is TOTALLY unacceptable.

When you think you've seen it all, it just gets even more unbelievable...
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 105

15 August 2017, 12:31

Hi Seanieosullivan,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear the experience you have had on this.

Can you PM your account number and name on the account? I'll look into this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Balaji
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

17 August 2017, 18:02

Five weeks and one day without TV service now, and the Technician who was scheduled to arrive to my house this morning NEVER arrived after we stayed in the house all day waiting - nothing from EIR to inform me of any changes to the scheduled visit (nothing about EIR surprises me anymore). It's difficult to explain to the kids why we have no TV, they simply cannot understand how a company providing a key service (in their eyes) could be so incompetent.

Now waiting 15 mins already to try to get through Technical Support ... the amount of money I have spent on mobile phone charges over 5 weeks doesn't help with my dispair.
  • eir Manojeir Manoj

You can see here how much appreciation eir Manoj has received from other members.

comments: 59

17 August 2017, 18:30

Hi Seanieosullivan,

Thanks for getting back to us,

I'm very sorry to hear of your customer experience to date.

My colleague will respond to your PM shortly

-Manoj
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

24 August 2017, 00:31

EIR are absolutely the WORST company in the world (bar none).

I am now 6 weeks without TV and nobody is bothering to follow up with me.

On Monday a technician arrived at my house again, this time EIR told me that they would need to run a cable from the modem to the TV box. I did not believe that this would resolve anything and in any case I did not want this (as I originally agreed to take the service because there were no wires required between rooms), but at least I would let them try . After reviewing the situation technician informed me that this was nothing to do with the problem, that there was full network connection, and that the problem was at the back end (platform). Anyway after he spoke at length with the technical support people he informed me that they know what the problem was, and that it would be addressed at 15:30 that day (Monday) and they would call me then. The family, and especially the children, were delighted.

GUESS WHAT (and probably no surprises here because this is EIR) .... the issue was NOT resolved at 15:30 and EIR did not call me as promised. So at approx 17:00 I called (for the millionth time) and eventually got through to them. The guy (obviously a different person then the person who spoke to the technician earlier) did not really know what was going on so I asked him to commit to call me back before 17:45 after he familiarized himself with the situation and found out why the issue was not resolved at 15:30, he confirmed that he would call me back.

This is Wednesday night and NOBODY has since contacted me. The only contact from EIR since then was a text message this morning to inform me that my latest bill is now available to view!!

This company is in disarray. It has no idea what is it doing technically, and worse again it has absolutely no idea about Customer support and satisfaction.

I believe the only way to get EIR to take this seriously now is to contact local radio stations: RTE's Liveline, Cork 96FM, RedFM. PLEASE NOTIFY ME if you are having similar issues and would be available to back me up - if we have a few stories then it may be possible that they can schedule a slot as previously on Liveline to discuss EIR scare stories. I will then contact the stations and ask if they can do a "focus on EIR" program.
  • mchugh45
    Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation mchugh45 has received from other members.

comments: 34

24 August 2017, 11:14

I'm having similar issues seanie, although not to the same extent as yourself (yet!).

Any attempt to get things sorted either on here or over the phone gets nothing more than an apology and a promise to look into things, with no attempt to solve the issue. I feel sorry for the reps taking these messages and calls, they've obviously been told to give the same standard stock responses to everything. Any attempt to speak to someone higher up who can actually answer questions gets ignored.

I probably wouldn't be available to call into the radio, but I'd be happy to send my story in if such a program was happening.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 126

24 August 2017, 12:58

Hi Mchugh45, I've responded to your other thread in regards to this.

-Vaishali
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

24 August 2017, 16:06

I still have had no further contact from Eir (since Monday last, when they falsely informed me the issue was identified) ... I won't say here what I really want to say about this company. No TV service for 6 weeks and one day, and no further followup from Eir. I can no longer bear to call them using my mobile phone, waiting for up to 20 minutes to get through and then waiting for another 30-60 mins on the line, all at my own cost and time - 6 weeks of this has finally worn me out. Anyway they will probably just send me yet another modem or technician, or reset my modem for the 100th time - while the issue is nothing at all to do with the setup at my home. I believe contacting Eir executives and radio stations is the only way forward...
  • mchugh45
    Contributor

You can see here how much appreciation mchugh45 has received from other members.

comments: 34

24 August 2017, 21:27

There's no point trying to call them. We were told by the technician what the problem is, and that it needs to be fixed by another department, but eir won't listen to this. Every call/message is just the same "we're sorry" but with absolutely no results. They keep asking me to send them information about the router, etc., and won't listen at all when when they're told we've already been informed that isn't the issue.

Tried to get put through to a manager or executive today, they wouldn't take the call and kept sending it back to the lad trying to help. They just don't want to hear it. Pity they didn't spend some of that marketing/rebranding money on improving their service, or replacing the higher up staff with ones who care.

I'm tired of speaking to staff on here and on the phone who quite obviously are doing everything they're actually allowed to do to help. It's not fair on the customers, and it's not fair on the staff who have to take angry messages and aren't allowed to pass it on to someone who can fix things. When is someone higher up going to take some responsibility?
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

28 August 2017, 11:36

I've responded to your other thread in regards to this, Mchugh45.

-Vaishali
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

28 August 2017, 16:29

Hi Mchugh45 ... at least the Moderator is responding to you (whatever he is saying). Since Monday last, after the technician said that they knew what the problem was and it would be resolved immediately, nobody from Eir has contacted me (as they promised), and the problem has not been fixed. And the Moderator doesn't even bother to try to help.

So now we are without TV service for nearly 7 weeks and we have no idea what, if anything, Eir are doing about it (besides still billing us for the service). It would be nice if Customer "Support" or Sales or anyone would call us ...
    Community Moderator

28 August 2017, 18:19

Hi Seanieosullivan,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Our colleague Balaji have responded to your PM.

-Vaishali
  • seanieosullivan
    Contributor

Author

29 August 2017, 11:30

Your colleague did NOT respond to me! And what is all this "I'm sorry..." and "My colleague responded..." anyway? How about actually addressing the issue or having someone who know what is happening contact us? I think this Forum is just a way of deflecting and delaying, but in fact achieving absolutely nothing. Balaji or Vaishali or whoever it will be tomorrow .. any chance you could put us in contact with a Manager or someone in a position of authority who might actually try to help us. PLEASE don't tell me you will respond in another thread ... because (1) you probably won't, and (2) it will probably not be useful in any way.
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 105

30 August 2017, 12:21

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us. I 've already responded to your PM.

I'm still chasing this up for you and will get back to you as soon as I get an update on this.

-Balaji

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)