Almost 6 months and still no broadband installation!! (Question)

smk
Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation smk has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

12 May 2018, 10:47

I originally contact Eir at the end of November 2017 to request a house move for my landline / broadband. My new build house was coming to completion and I expected to be in the house end of Jan 2018. Eir organised for a survey to be completed in Dec 2017 and the engineer advised that infrastructure work would be required. Note: my builder has ducting in place to the entrance of my house, where there is an eir manhole cover within 3 feet. I was given a forecast date of 14th Feb for the work to be completed. This date passed with no update from Eir so when I contacted Eir again I was given a new forecast date of 15th April. This date passed with no progress or update so I am now contacting Eir at least twice a week for an update on progress and have yet to receive any information on what is going on with my order. Each time I am told my supervisor will call you tomorrow and as expected there is no call back. The level of service is appalling. I live in an urban area where all my neighbours have fibre installed. I am now using a flakey mobile broadband service in the house for the last 3 months with no idea on when Eir will complete the installation. Its gone beyond frustrating! Anybody any guidance on how to get this resolved??
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51

14 May 2018, 11:12

Hi smk,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • smk
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation smk has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

16 May 2018, 11:53

Hi Tomas, any update / response to my PM which I sent on Monday? Thanks.
  • eir Manojeir Manoj

You can see here how much appreciation eir Manoj has received from other members.

comments: 131
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

17 May 2018, 18:15

Hi SMK,

My colleague will update you once we receive a response from the relevant team to your PM.

-Manoj

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)