New House Build Connection (Solved)

Tags:

keithirv
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation keithirv has received from other members.

comments: 5
Author

11 January 2018, 17:44

Hi,

I have contacted eir three times over the last two months to get a new build house assessed for phone and broadband. All three times I was told that within 6 days an engineer would visit the location and determine whether services were available. All three times nothing happened and there was no record anywhere of my details or registration.

Can you please help with the checking of services in the new house location and progress these steps.
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there keithirv

Thank you so much for the quick response.

The reason this thread was marked as "solved" is because the best answer was given. These type of queries can only be dealt with a specific department which is the Sales Team at 1800 503 303 so if other customers get in touch with the same query, they will know exactly who to contact.

I completely understand just how frustrating this must be but we can only make sure that you speak to correct department. You are getting re-directed here as they have the tools, systems & expertise to assist or escalate (if needed). If an engineer was scheduled to come to your premises this did not happen, you need to contact them immediately to request an update, resolution or escalation.

I would've loved to assist you with this but unfortunately, this will be as far as we will be able to take this from here so please contact them directly.

-Kyle

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

12 January 2018, 12:22

Hi Keithirv,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend giving our Sales team a ring on 1800 503 303 or free phone 1901 & or click here to chat with one of our agents they'll be more than happy to assist you with this.

Alternatively, if you could PM me your landline number, full postal address with eircode, I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

16 January 2018, 15:45

Thanks for the details, Keithirv.

I've liaised with the relevant team and they have advised that your new address has not been updated in our system. To update the address, I'd recommend you to contact our Sales team and they'll be able to assist you and it takes up to 6 working days to update on our system.

-Vaishali
  • keithirv
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation keithirv has received from other members.

Author

16 January 2018, 16:08

Hi,

Just to be clear, this topic is not solved. Sending me a message telling me to phone or use the chat for my query, when i have done this three times is not solving the query. Then locking the query for more comments is not helping.

I am still looking to get this query resolved and have just been give the same advice again and again when nobody will assess the house location.

Can you please actually help me here.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

18 January 2018, 16:27

I'm sorry you feel this way, Keithirv.

We will do all we can to help you from here however some queries will need to be directed to a dedicated team to assist. I'd recommend you to get in touch with our sales team and they'll be more than happy to assist you.

-Vaishali
  • keithirv
    Occasional Poster

Author

18 January 2018, 16:40

Hi,

I got in touch with the sales team via the webchat on Friday and provided all the details and they said an engineer would be in contact within 7 days and would visit the house site to assess it for services. I have not received any calls in relation to this. If I contact the sales dept. again it would be to repeat myself and request the same thing for the 4th time.

All I ask is that you follow up with my query and ensure it has been logged and advise if and when I will be contacted for this and when the site can be assessed.

I think advising me to just go back to sales and request the same thing again is not very helpful and I would expect that I would not have to ask for this again and again and again and again before this is followed up.

Eir is make it extremely difficult to become a customer!!!
  • keithirv
    Occasional Poster

Author

18 January 2018, 17:14

I have just submitted another request to get this done and was told

"I forwarded your request in system as well as in website, the issue will be resolved shortly."

"we can't provide you the reference number, however I have passed the information on the Eir tool for the address not registered."

Again, there was no record of my previous query on the system. I am now back to waiting for a phone call with no reference number or details that i can follow up on this, my 4th time to request the same thing.
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 737
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Answer

18 January 2018, 17:27

Hi there keithirv

Thank you so much for the quick response.

The reason this thread was marked as "solved" is because the best answer was given. These type of queries can only be dealt with a specific department which is the Sales Team at 1800 503 303 so if other customers get in touch with the same query, they will know exactly who to contact.

I completely understand just how frustrating this must be but we can only make sure that you speak to correct department. You are getting re-directed here as they have the tools, systems & expertise to assist or escalate (if needed). If an engineer was scheduled to come to your premises this did not happen, you need to contact them immediately to request an update, resolution or escalation.

I would've loved to assist you with this but unfortunately, this will be as far as we will be able to take this from here so please contact them directly.

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • keithirv
    Occasional Poster

Author

18 January 2018, 18:28

Hi Kyle,

Many thanks for your response to my query. While I appreciate that you have provided the contact details of the sales team to deal with my query, i dont see that this is a solution or acceptable answer. I have tried to follow up multiple times and without being able to get a reference number for my query or there seeming to be any details recorded of my previous three query it is difficult to accept being redirected back to the same point.

I also don't accept that there is nothing you can do here. You work for Eir, you know the relevent people and could actually follow up on my query with the sales team to progress it. This is not unreasonable and certainly not beyond your capability in your role for Eir.

To just wash your hands of this and send me back to the same sales team who spend time getting me to repeat my query again and again, take my details, tell me they have sent them through and for nothing to happen is a shocking and disgraceful answer.

You are a moderator on this form representing Eir and i would expect you to do more than provide a contact number for sales. If I can't progress my query with Eir, you could take my details and ensure it is progressed yourself, which i have already passed on to another Moderator requesting same.

I await your response and support in resolving my still unsolved query.
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 737
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

22 January 2018, 12:45

Hi there keithirv

I sent this your feedback (response) onto them now so when I get a response, I will relay back to you

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • keithirv
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 February 2018, 14:52

Still unresolved and now on attempt 6 with Eir to get them to assess my house for services. Disgraceful service

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)