Caller ID (Solved)

Tags:

warddo
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation warddo has received from other members.

comments: 4
Author

14 April 2017, 22:27

Question on behalf of my wife: new iPhone SE, all incoming calls are shown as "Unknown" even if caller is already in contacts. I noticed that in her settings, Show my Caller ID is in the "On" position but greyed out so it can't be adjusted. Maybe this is affecting incoming calls too? I saw posts on Vodafone community about Show my Caller ID being greyed out & being fixed by Vodafone on an overnight basis with the user having to turn off & turn on the phone the following day to reset it? Thanks in advance for any help. Warddo
Solved. Read answer here:

I do sincerely apologies for the experience & I'm afraid we don't have the provision to look into this from here.

For the best advise, I'd recommend contacting our care team on 1901 (freephone) or 1800 690 000 & they'll be able to arrange this for you.

- Angel

View original comment
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

comments: 376
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 April 2017, 13:53

Hi Warddo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'd recommend you to test it by getting a numer to ring that is not blocked in your contact list.

Let us know if this works.

- Angel
  • warddo
    Newbie Poster

Author

18 April 2017, 14:20

Hi eir Angel, there are no numbers blocked in the contact list. I, my wife, and also eir staff have tried calling the phone multiple times with the same result: "Unknown". When I ring my wife from my mobile the number comes up Unknown. When the guys in the eir shop tried calling from their landline (after removing the caller ID restriction on that phone) the number came up Unknown. Why would Show my Caller ID be in the "On" position but greyed out so it can't be adjusted? I suspect that this is only something that eir can change. Thanks, warddo
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Angel has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Answer

20 April 2017, 13:02

I do sincerely apologies for the experience & I'm afraid we don't have the provision to look into this from here.

For the best advise, I'd recommend contacting our care team on 1901 (freephone) or 1800 690 000 & they'll be able to arrange this for you.

- Angel
  • warddo
    Newbie Poster

Author

25 April 2017, 10:26

OK, thanks, eir Angel. I'll update here when I get a conclusion.
  • eir Angeleir Angel
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

25 April 2017, 12:11

No worries.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

- Angel

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)