Unlock code not working on my S6 (Question)

Tags:
NUC ,

fozcasey
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation fozcasey has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

2 February 2018, 11:19

I have an issue with an unlocking code for my phone not working for the past two weeks. My phone is now hard locked. Customer services told me there's nothing they can do and I should contact Samsung. Samsung told me I have to contact Eir. So now I'm stuck as I've moved to Tesco (because it's cheaper and Eir were unwilling to reward my loyalty with any concessions at all) and no one in Eir wants to help me. I know I can buy the unfreeze code online for €20 which will solve my problem but I don't want to do that as I shouldn't have to pay for this. Any help?
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1171
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

2 February 2018, 12:11

Hi there Fozcasey,

I can see you have messaged us here also and I have posted the response there for you.

-Vaishali
  • fozcasey
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation fozcasey has received from other members.

Author

2 February 2018, 15:03

I just paid €18 to Unlock.ie to get the defreeze code that I needed as Eir were unwilling to provide this. Unlock.ie got back to me within two hours and the codes worked so my phone is now free. I will follow up my formal complaint with Eir as it's obvious that they should have been able to resolve the issue by simply giving me all the codes for my phone.

My advice to anyone else is to avoid any business with Eir in the future as they don't value their customers and will leave you waiting and guessing indefinitely.
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

2 February 2018, 15:17

I'm sorry you feel this way, Fozcasey.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

-Vaishali
  • fozcasey
    Newbie Poster

Author

2 February 2018, 16:40

Apologies don't help. If you would like to reimburse me the €18 that would be fantastic otherwise you're no help at all.
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

5 February 2018, 13:49

I can understand, Fozcasey.

The website(unlock.ie) isn't a legit and I'm afraid, we'd be unable to refund this amount.

-Vaishali