Unlocking an iPhone w. no SIM card? (Solved)

Tags:
NUC ,

Entertainnosis
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Entertainnosis has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

8 January 2018, 21:42

Hi all, I've landed myself a bit of a confusing situation.
I bought myself a brand new iPhone 5C really cheaply which happens to be locked to the old Meteor network.
It clearly has not been used but meteor never made a prepaid 5C which indicates that it wasn't one. I'd like to get the phone unlocked to use on networks here in England, but since it has no SIM card I don't know where to start. I've bought a SIM card which should be arriving in a few days but if it hasn't been used at all will they allow the unlocking procedure to take place? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Solved. Read answer here:

If you wish to unlock your handset, Entertainnosis, you'll be able to do it with the following options:

You'll need to either pay the requested amount (€120) to get this unlocked, I'd advise you to click on the following link to view about the terms and conditions or get in touch with your seller.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1652
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

9 January 2018, 15:12

Hi there Entertainnosis,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry for the confusion.

How and where did you purchase the handset(iPhone 5C)?

-Vaishali
  • Entertainnosis
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Entertainnosis has received from other members.

Author

9 January 2018, 17:08

I purchased it from eBay and the seller doesn't have a sim card for it either. Since the phone wasn't prepaid I assume that it has already been paid off of a monthly contract so there should be no trouble having it unlocked.
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

9 January 2018, 17:31

I'm sorry about that, Entertainnosis.

I'd recommend you to contact your manufacturer or get in touch with your current service provider from where you've purchased the SIM card now.

-Vaishali
  • Entertainnosis
    Newbie Poster

Author

9 January 2018, 17:37

The phone is locked to Meteor which merged with Eir earlier last year. Apple has previously told me that only the network that the phone is locked to (eir in this case) can unlock the phone. I've bought a sim card just to activate the phone and see if it works at all - but I've read that eir want €130 in credit before the phone is unlocked. Is that the case?
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

10 January 2018, 14:29

If you wish to unlock your handset, Entertainnosis, you'll be able to do it with the following options:

You'll need to either pay the requested amount (€120) to get this unlocked, I'd advise you to click on the following link to view about the terms and conditions or get in touch with your seller.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)