Almost 6 months and still no broadband installation!! (Question)

smk
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation smk has received from other members.

comments: 2
Author

12 May 2018, 10:47

I originally contact Eir at the end of November 2017 to request a house move for my landline / broadband. My new build house was coming to completion and I expected to be in the house end of Jan 2018. Eir organised for a survey to be completed in Dec 2017 and the engineer advised that infrastructure work would be required. Note: my builder has ducting in place to the entrance of my house, where there is an eir manhole cover within 3 feet. I was given a forecast date of 14th Feb for the work to be completed. This date passed with no update from Eir so when I contacted Eir again I was given a new forecast date of 15th April. This date passed with no progress or update so I am now contacting Eir at least twice a week for an update on progress and have yet to receive any information on what is going on with my order. Each time I am told my supervisor will call you tomorrow and as expected there is no call back. The level of service is appalling. I live in an urban area where all my neighbours have fibre installed. I am now using a flakey mobile broadband service in the house for the last 3 months with no idea on when Eir will complete the installation. Its gone beyond frustrating! Anybody any guidance on how to get this resolved??
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51

14 May 2018, 11:12

Hi smk,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • smk
    Newbie Poster

Author

16 May 2018, 11:53

Hi Tomas, any update / response to my PM which I sent on Monday? Thanks.
  • eir Manojeir Manoj

You can see here how much appreciation eir Manoj has received from other members.

comments: 140
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

17 May 2018, 18:15

Hi SMK,

My colleague will update you once we receive a response from the relevant team to your PM.

-Manoj
  • smk
    Newbie Poster

Author

22 May 2018, 12:00

Hi Thomas & Manoj, it is over a week now since I sent you a PM with my details. When can I expect an update on current status? As per my original post it is now 6 months with no detailed update or clarity on when this work will be completed. This request needs to be expedited.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2203
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

22 May 2018, 15:49

Hi there Smk,

Apologies for the delayed response and sorry to hear that you're having issues with the installation.

Could you please PM your account number and full name, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you?

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)