Do Eir management consider Residential Customers important STAKEHOLDERS in the business? (Solved)

Tags:

MG58
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation MG58 has received from other members.

comments: 13
Author

12 August 2017, 13:35

I have just joined the Eir community in the hope that some one who actually works for the company and knows what is going on will read this mail. Our area was canvassed heavily in late April by Eir proudly announcing that Fibre Broadband was available - sign up now and you will have it within a fortnight - no problem. A competitor ( to be fair a Satellite Provider) who I previously approached a few months ago but had been unable to provide a service at the time had just come back a few days earlier to inform me that they were now in a position to provide the service - the Eir sales agent joked at the time they needed to get in first - so no problem. Anyway , I contacted him a few days later and on 3rd May signed up for a Broadband package with an installation date of the 18th of May and subsequently received Account number and Direct Debit Mandate confirmation in the post. So far so good - 18th May came and passed with no installation or communication from Eir as to why it didn't take place. Subsequently, I contacted them to be given a new FORECAST date of the 31st May - it came and passed again with no communication from Eir . Being of a calm disposition I contacted them again to be given a new FORECAST date of the 16th June - it came and passed again with no communication from Eir .
This process was repeated for the 30th June, 17th July ,31st July and the 8th August with the promise of a call back and up date within 48 hours on the last call and well you probably figured it out by now -Eir don't do customer call back. At this point I want to say that each and everyone of the people I spoke to so far - and there were a lot of them ~ 25 on last count - were extremely courteous and tried to be helpful but in fairness they don't have access to information or apparently the people who actually have the information. I would also like to share a typical phone call - first point of contact is a sales person - confirm name ,address, account no - sorry need to refer you to wholesale team - confirm name ,address ,account no -
sorry need to put you on hold and contact Technical team who provide a new FORECAST date - for the record and I have kept them the average phone call was about 35 minutes from start to finish. Some of the whole sale team were extremely helpful and tried very hard to provide some hard information but the promised call back was never forthcoming. It is also very apparent from talking to these people that my situation is not uncommon and it would appear that there is very little interaction with the next layer of management in respect of customer care. In the middle of this saga ~ 2nd July I received via post - wait for it - Service Notification : Ireland's fastest Broadband is here! etc etc call us for free on 1800 303 722 - I have been for the last three months !!!! Anyway at the bottom the page, I spotted a name Catherine Lonergan - Director of Customer Management - surely I thought someone that had responsibility for customers or at the very least might know some who had so I dropped her a line on 6th July - still waiting for reply. I called into the local Eir office yesterday at the suggestion of Wholesale team who told me they had no access to installation information and " feet on the street" sales had nothing to do with them.

Some observations to conclude which may be inaccurate but I would appreciate if someone could clarify

Forecast date must pass before any update can be given which is another forecast date - Eir speak for ignoring customer's calls

Installations are carried out by Open Eir over which Eir have little or no control

Having read some of the previous comments on customer service it would appear Eir have significant issues with customer communication

Senior Management do not consider residential customers as important STAKEHOLDERS in the business
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there MG58

Apologies for jumping in on this thread but I just read through your responses and completely understand how frustrated you must be and sincerely apologise again for your journey so far.

I would just like to confirm that once an official complaint is logged with our Complaints Team, they will be the only department that is able to deal with your case as we (Social Media) have no access or visibility of complaints cases. This is the same for when a COMREG case is raised. They will be directly in touch with the Complaints Team where all cases will be attended too. Again, we have no visibility or access to those private emails, here. Also, please bear in mind that this is not an instant response channel.

From here, we can only follow up with that department directly and once we received any feedback, this will be passed onto you immediately either here or via PM. I could suggest contacting just one department when trying to escalate your case or have someone assist you because if too many departments are sending follow-up emails to one department, it can prolong the outcome and sometimes create further issues but I understand the severity of your case and why you contacted so many departments.

Balaji is currently following this up with the relevant team and they confirmed that an email was sent out to you today addressing your query & case ID. Unfortunately, this is as far as we will be able to take this from here for now as you need to deal with them now directly as they escalated this all to Open eir.

Thank you for being so patient

-Kyle

View original comment
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

comments: 170
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

14 August 2017, 17:45

Hi MG58,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. I can assure you this is not the norm at eir as we always strive to provide the best customer experience possible.

I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be more than happy to relay your feedback to the relevant team.
    Can you please PM your account number, name on the account.

I'll look into this for you.

-Balaji
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

15 August 2017, 06:15

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for your prompt reply . Given my experience to date with 25 + phone calls and waiting for hours to be told that nobody could do anything until the Forecast date had passed and then the only update given was a new Forecast date is just an insult to a person's intelligence. Coupled with with no acknowledgement of a letter written to the Director of Customer Management suggests that Eir are not coming anywhere close to providing even a mediocre customer experience. As I have outlined in the previous mail , I signed a service supply agreement on the 3rd May for a Broadband package to be installed on the 18th May - in the three months since I have repeatedly requested Eir to provide information on when this installation would take place to be continually stonewalled. Can you please forward an Official Complaint Log number as I wish to refer the issue to Comreg to pursue.

My Account Number is ******* and the name on the account is ***********
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Balaji has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

15 August 2017, 11:01

Thanks for the details.

Just a gentle reminder not to post your private details publicly for your own data protection.

I've edited this for you now so if you can PM the details so that we can take a look into this for you.

I'd recommend clicking on this link here to view the complaint process and to log a complaint.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

-Balaji
  • Backagain
    Regular Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Backagain has received from other members.

comments: 1

15 August 2017, 15:04

HI MG58,

Simple answer to that is NO. They do not give one care another domestic customers and treat them with nothing but contempt.

I have been looking at fibre cables and boxes outside my house for over a year. Finally got order placed in may and installation book only for installers to find EIR had not made line live. Since then I have had 4 forecast dates come and go and been treated like an idiot with pure lies given about what was delaying when simple answer was it wasn't resolved because no one did anything about it.

I have Comreg involved and still they continue to mess me around. Really think they can do what they want to customers despite what stress it causes.

Joke of a company but yet they get held up by our tax money.
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

2 October 2017, 18:53

I sincerely apologise for the delay in response. I hope you have received a call regarding the amendment of the package to €120 instead of €180.

The mail was found and followed up and hope the issue is resolved by now. Once again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance from us.

-Balaji
  • eirnotathome

You can see here how much appreciation eirnotathome has received from other members.

comments: 1

3 October 2017, 22:58

well here goes,one day a eir rep phoned me and asked would i like eir fibre connected to my home,yes i replied,well you need a phone line connected i was told,fine rang eir a chap from kn called to connect phone line,asked him how long a wait was it to connect me the air fibre no this cable does not take the fibre its a seperate line,ok rang eir listening to song 39 of 40 finally hello,explained what had happened,can i put you on hold,very bad idea line went dead,f..k s..e,rang again song 38 of 40,hello your through to you know who,explained again told the chap that the kn crews are connecting the fibre cable down the lane where i live so can i get it put in gave him our eircode guess what,according to our plans the line stops half way down and no plans to move on any further.has anybody out there have any clue as to what eir are up to,one eir agent when i asked is there anyone who decides where and when to stop the cable yes he said but there is no number to ring them,so it looks like the secret ones hold all the answers to everyones questions but ya cant talk to them,so eir is for the selected ones,and not for everyone
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 October 2017, 11:47

Hi Balaji,
    I refer to your apology above which took a month to issue -and NO I have not heard from anybody from Eir as the amendment mentioned above means nothing to me or does not relate to to the installation agreement I signed on MAY 3rd which I need to remind myself was to been carried out on May 18th. I have now communicated with Eir through your various platforms on at least 57 occasions in the intervening period - all initiated by me. When the contractors finally arrived on site a month ago to carry out the installation a minor blockage was detected in the conduit pipe at the base of the pole - this damage was done by Eircom employees when replacing the pole ~ 5 years ago - the contractors left and I was subsequently advised of a new forecast date for Sept 30th . Again as on all previous occasions the day came and went with no communication from Eir - when I followed up I was given a forecast date for December 2nd. Currently ,the contractors are very active in the immediate area with installations taking place all around me but still no action . As advised by you care team I filed an official complaint on October 2nd for which I received an automated receipt and an undertaking that a representative would be in contact within 2 working days - 10 days have passed but still no contact . I have sent several subsequent requests on private message requesting an Official Complaint Log Number that Comreg have advised you are obliged to provide but you continue to ignore - I have also requested your forward to your supervisor for comment - I would be obliged if you would provide some clarification immediately - apologies won't suffice.
  • eir Balajieir Balaji
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

12 October 2017, 12:58

Hi MG58,

Thanks for getting back to us & sorry you feel this way. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

I've raised with the relevant team in regards to this. I'll be in touch with you once we get an update on this.

-Balaji
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 October 2017, 13:18

Balaji,
    No need for thanks and apologies - coming from Eir for the past five months they mean nothing and only add to the the frustration of trying to deal with the company you are trying to represent - its an insult to a persons intelligence to be treated in such a fashion - I notice in a recent post that it took a fortnight to reply to a complaint that was to be dealt with it in 2 days so can we forget the meaningless platitudes and deal with the following

Has my complaint been logged ? Yes or No
    If so , why has no representative been in contact (Within 2 days) ?
    Why haven't I been issued with the log number I have repeatedly requested?
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

comments: 700
    Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Answer

12 October 2017, 13:28

Hi there MG58

Apologies for jumping in on this thread but I just read through your responses and completely understand how frustrated you must be and sincerely apologise again for your journey so far.

I would just like to confirm that once an official complaint is logged with our Complaints Team, they will be the only department that is able to deal with your case as we (Social Media) have no access or visibility of complaints cases. This is the same for when a COMREG case is raised. They will be directly in touch with the Complaints Team where all cases will be attended too. Again, we have no visibility or access to those private emails, here. Also, please bear in mind that this is not an instant response channel.

From here, we can only follow up with that department directly and once we received any feedback, this will be passed onto you immediately either here or via PM. I could suggest contacting just one department when trying to escalate your case or have someone assist you because if too many departments are sending follow-up emails to one department, it can prolong the outcome and sometimes create further issues but I understand the severity of your case and why you contacted so many departments.

Balaji is currently following this up with the relevant team and they confirmed that an email was sent out to you today addressing your query & case ID. Unfortunately, this is as far as we will be able to take this from here for now as you need to deal with them now directly as they escalated this all to Open eir.

Thank you for being so patient

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 October 2017, 14:06

Kyle,

Thanks for your e mail and your explanation of what happens and your suggestion on what departments I should contact - I should point out to you that it is the company you represent that passes the book e.g. when I call - sequence will be sales to customer care to wholesale team who check status with Open Eir who provide a forecast date and no further communication until I repeat the process while all the while being told by each department they have no visibility or access to complaints. I note also you are implying by my persistence I might be creating further issues - what issues might they be ? I am simply looking for a date as to when the installation will take place . With regards to the official log number I am requesting that you contact the Complaints Team and forward the number to me so that I can provide Comreg with the details otherwise I can only forward the log of contacts I have kept and mail threads and note your reluctance to provide this information to me for them - which after all states a representative will be in contact WITHIN 2 WORKING DAYS . It is really ironic that a large Telecommunications company is unable to communicate with it's customers. I do appreciate that you and your colleagues are trying to do a job but I will not accept the treatment that I received since I signed the agreement with Eir over the past 5 months - once again I am requesting that you find out what is happening and provide some REAL information with regard to the installation.
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 October 2017, 14:37

Kyle,

Just to confirm - I have no doubt that Balaji has been in contact with the relevant team but they have NOT sent out an email addressing the query or provided a case ID so this case is not solved as you state above.
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Kyle has received from other members.

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

12 October 2017, 14:57

Hi there MG58

Thank you again for your quick response. I completely understand where you're coming from and totally agree that this is not acceptable. All your feedback has now been passed the relevant team and escalated to the highest level.

I can confirm that an email was sent as I read this personally where it addresses your complaint and have a formal complaints number which you need to contact COMREG. Have a look in your spam mail to see if this is not there. If not, I have just sent this to you via a PM (copied & pasted)

If you need anything else, please let me know

-Kyle
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

12 October 2017, 15:42

Kyle,

I received the email with complaint number informing me that my complaint has been raised to level 2 and some one would contact me. However the information provided with regard to ducting etc is inaccurate. The engineer that came to carry out the installation advised that a"minor blockage existed " at the base of the pole which he suggested could be cleared with a shovel - I appreciate that you guys are office based and only passing on the information you are provided with but I need to speak to someone urgently that is involved with the work - there are KN employees all over the area at the moment - in fact with my neighbour next door - I know there are no road opening works required (so why the Co.Co.licence?) or major ducting works to be carried out so can you request that one of the level 2 team contacts me to discuss asap. - I have waited long enough
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

9 November 2017, 15:41

Sangeetha / Kyle / Balaji,

Finally ,after waiting for 6 months and the intervention of Comreg my fibre Broadband was installed 3 weeks ago. Your level 2 complaints team immediately contacted me with profuse apologies for all the delays and inconvenience caused and also informed Comreg that the contract was completed and Eir had issued me with 2 months complementary broadband etc as a good will gesture. Your level 2 complaints agent personally assured me of a much improved service from Eir and issued me with his email to contact him if I had any further issues. At the time we spoke , neither the phone or the television elements of the package had been connected nor have been since. I have sent him 3 emails and received no response whatsoever or for that matter any contact from any Eir employee with regard to what is happening .During the six months I spent chasing Eir , I was told on countless occasions that a member of the Complaints team would be in contact to resolve the problem - the reality is I was contacted once - after the broadband was installed AND Comreg were informed that the issue was closed out. I signed a contract with Eir on the 3rd May for eir Fibre Extreme ,eir Vision essential and eir broadband Talk unlimited Mobile & UK - so far only the broadband has been connected - WHY ? On the day (20th Oct) I was informed by the broadband installers that although they had the equipment to install the phone they were unable to do so as Eir had not put it on the work order and therefore they would not get paid ! In addition Eir have started billing me for the service you have yet to provide and I am currently paying my current provider for telephone,TV and a broadband service that I do not need. I have again referred the case to Comreg which they will reopen as it is an existing complaint - it appears to be the ONLY way that Eir is prepared to meet its obligations under the service contracts it enters into with it's customers. I would appreciate if this contract was closed out and the billing issue was addressed immediately but unfortunately my dealings to date with your company have created a very low level of expectation of your capacity to respond to customer needs - this is a fact and not intended as a derogatory comment. SHOULD ANY ONE CONTEMPLATING USING EIR AS A PROVIDER READ THIS POST I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE THEM TO RESEARCH THEIR OPTIONS THOROUGHLY AS MY EXPERIENCE WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY GENUINE HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FROM THE BEGINNING AND STILL REMAINS TO BE CLOSED OUT.
  • Theosophicles
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Theosophicles has received from other members.

comments: 6

9 November 2017, 16:13

But why do you need a phone line if you have Fibre Installed MG58????
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

9 November 2017, 16:28

Thank you for smart answer - you have been very helpful - perhaps you can explain - I was told by Your installers that a I required a box to be fitted before my phone would work and what about the TV ? - Also you should read your own literature with what Eir state they do when installing - it's pretty obvious you have not . Can you please copy this to your supervisor and have some ring me to explain .
  • Theosophicles
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation Theosophicles has received from other members.

9 November 2017, 17:20

I am a potential fibre customer not an operative. Are you saying that after fibre is installed you need s special box to make phone calls?
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

9 November 2017, 17:31

Apologies, Theosophicles - I thought you were replying from Eir - I had Broadband installed 3 weeks ago and was told by the installers that I need to have two small pieces of hardware fitted for both the phone and TV to operate - I don't know what they are and Eir have not come back to me yet despite numerous requests. This information was given by the team that installed the broadband so I have no reason to doubt as neither the phone or TV work on Eir 's platform. Again apologies for curt reply -not intended for you
  • Theosophicles
    Occasional Poster

9 November 2017, 17:34

Well if you bought a bundle and it is not completely delivered you cannot legally billed for it till the 'small pieces' are installed. If that is any help.
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

9 November 2017, 17:36

Thanks for that - everybody bar Eir seems to know that
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

9 November 2017, 17:55

Sangeetha / Kyle / Balaji,

Still waiting for a reply
  • Theosophicles
    Occasional Poster

13 November 2017, 13:23

You probably need to make a formal complaint and get yet another complaint number to action this further MG!
  • eir Kyleeir Kyle
    Community Moderator

Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert

Device Expert

Device Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

13 November 2017, 13:27

Hi there MG58

Thank you for getting in touch with us here again. As your complaint was dealt through COMREG that got in touch with our Complaints Escalations Team, they would have all the information you are requesting. Unfortunately, we would not have any visibility for this via the Community so I would suggest getting in touch with the Complaint Team directly where they will be able to answer all your queries directly.

If you have received a letter from our Complaints Team directly, you can just respond back to them there again and will address everything with you there.

Unfortunately, this is as far as we will be able to take this from here

-Kyle
  • MG58
    Occasional Poster

Author

14 November 2017, 10:48

Can you kindly provide a direct contact number for your Complaints Team, please

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)