help with ethernet (Solved)

Tags:

evan griffin

You can see here how much appreciation evan griffin has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

14 February 2018, 16:34

just switched to eircom fiber today and was met with amazing Wi-Fi speeds but I am having trouble setting up Ethernet . The Ethernet is already wired throughout the house but when I connect the router to the Ethernet port in the wall the rooms connected to the port do not get a wifi connection and the router shows that the port is not in use . Please help as I am unable to use the internet in that part of the house without Ethernet as the signal does not reach that room .
Notes:
I have just used a standard Ethernet cable to connect from the box to the outlet .
The outlet leads to the utility where all the houses Ethernet cables lead as they were previously connected to a router but are now all connect together as the eircom helper who came to set up the router said we had to that and then all we had to do was connect it to the router and it would all work but it hasn't.
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there Evan griffin,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear this.

As we are unable to troubleshoot any technical issues from here but you're more than welcome to contact our Technical Support team, I'd recommend you to click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents and they will be able to troubleshoot this for you. You can also look at our Help and Support page for the broadband issue by clicking on the following here.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1745
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

15 February 2018, 10:13

Hi there Evan griffin,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear this.

As we are unable to troubleshoot any technical issues from here but you're more than welcome to contact our Technical Support team, I'd recommend you to click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents and they will be able to troubleshoot this for you. You can also look at our Help and Support page for the broadband issue by clicking on the following here.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)