I ended my contract, but I received two bills since (Solved)

Velin Georgiev
Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Velin Georgiev has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

11 November 2017, 09:31

I received the letter at the end of August that the monthly charge for my plan is increasing by 3 euro (total 53 euro) for my broadband only contract.

Another statement in that letter says:
If you choose not to accept this change, you may withdraw from your contract without penalty within one month from the date of this letter by calling us on 1800 303 449 before 2nd October 2017.

Well I called that number in the middle of September and I was assured by the person on the line that this is everything I have to do and I would not be charged for anything as of the next month.
One the next month (early October) I received BILL Statement.

Called again the same number and they said that actually my obligation ends on 29th of October this is why I have to pay one additional month. LIE!!
I was assured by the person on the line that this is everything I have to do and I would not be charged for anything as of the next month. LIE!!
One the next month (early November) I received new BILL Statement.

Called again the same number, but then I asked different question: When my contract ends? The person on the phone said that ended on 2nd of October (contradicts with what the person said on the previous call), but the LINE WAS OPEN so other vendor to overtake it. So I do not have contract, but you charge me for some strange reason or misleading question they asked me in the past.

Frustration again! I have not idea what "open line" means and none from them explained me the consequences, but instead I was assured that I do not have to pay anything in future.

I asked what is needed to cancel that immediately, they answered they can cancel immediately, but I HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER 30 DAYS WHICH I DO NOT UNDERSTAND AND IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE ALL SHOULD HAVE ENDED 2 MONTHS AGO. I already received bill for November, why should I pay December! @>?!@#

The person was hurry to close the line and just asked me few times whether to cancel that. I said YES and no eir confirmation email since.

3 calls with those people and not only that they are not supportive, but they intentionally want to postpone that in time with no proper cancellation. I cannot express my frustration. Maybe I should cancel my eir phone services as well.

Can someone please give me phone number where I can escalate this?

Otherwise perhaps I would have to
- Contact the IE and EU commissions for consumer protection
- Find lawyer
- Make that even more public

Thanks,
Velin
Solved. Read answer here:

Thanks for the details, Gavin. I've looked into your account and can see that you've been charged with the early cease charges. I can also see that the cease request has been logged on your account due to price increase however early cease charges have been applied. I've removed these charges as this is invalid and there is no outstanding balance on your account.

-Vaishali

View original comment
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1652
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

13 November 2017, 11:07

Hi Velin Georgiev,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with the service. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

Can you please PM me with your account number & full name? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

20 November 2017, 15:14

Thanks for the details, Velin.

I've looked into your account & can see that your account will be cancelled on 10/12/2017. I've removed €53 from your bill now & there is no outstanding amount of your account.

I've emailed the relevant team to resent your cease request link to you, please click on that link to confirm your cancellation.

-Vaishali
  • Velin Georgiev
    Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Velin Georgiev has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

10 January 2018, 23:17

Thanks a lot Vaishali! Much appreciated!
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

11 January 2018, 13:10

No worries, Velin.

Let us know if you need anything else.

-Vaishali
  • temp_customer
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation temp_customer has received from other members.

comments: 2

12 January 2018, 20:51

Hello - I have a similar problem but never received any bills. I canceled my contract after a price increase and was all paid up but when I got home from work there was a letter from Arvato Financial looking for an overdue amount?

I tried to contact Eircom three times to get an invoice and still have not received one about this. I have made a journal of all communication.

Could you look into this for me please?
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 January 2018, 10:59

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please confirm me your account number and full name? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

Answer

15 January 2018, 15:07

Thanks for the details, Gavin. I've looked into your account and can see that you've been charged with the early cease charges. I can also see that the cease request has been logged on your account due to price increase however early cease charges have been applied. I've removed these charges as this is invalid and there is no outstanding balance on your account.

-Vaishali
  • temp_customer
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation temp_customer has received from other members.

comments: 2

15 January 2018, 15:47

Thanks for resolving this so quickly Vaishali. I really appreciate it. I wish I had contacted you sooner instead of trying to get it resolved via the call centre.
    Kindest regards
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 January 2018, 16:06

No worries, Gavin.

Let us know if you need anything else.

-Vaishali