Upgrade Date changed!! (Question)

Tags:
upgrade , P2P ,

JD2018
Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation JD2018 has received from other members.

comments: 3
Author

14 June 2018, 17:34

Hi. So i have been a loyal customer of eir/meteor for at least 6 years now, having an eir billpay mobile phone and eir mobile broadband. I have an iphone 6 in contract since late Summer 2016 but back in April I started having issues with the battery and now it's useless to me unless anywhere I am going has a plug for me to charge it. I had checked online in April, and again in May, as to when I could upgrade and the date came up as 18th June. Now as we approach that date it has changed to the 18th of August? I have been in to your Pavilions Swords store and the girls in there were lovely and told me to ring customer care to get this sorted. Having been on the phone to customer care I am less than satisfied with their response - they actually didn't do anything or give me a reason! Why did this date suddenly change? I would have happily spent a couple hundred euro on a new phone next week and locked myself into another 24 month contract (i actually wanted to update to a more expensive one) previous to this but now I am seriously considering moving network in August when my contract is up..
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 1927
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

15 June 2018, 10:32

Hi there JD2018,

Can you please PM your account number or mobile number? I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

18 June 2018, 10:45

Thanks for the details, JD2018.

I've looked into your account and can see that your upgrade eligibility date is on 18/08/2018. Early Upgrade eligibility can change due to a lot of factors. I would suggest ringing our Loyalty Team at 1905(freephone) & they'll be more than happy to assist you with this.

-Vaishali
  • JD2018
    Newbie Poster

You can see here how much appreciation JD2018 has received from other members.

comments: 3
    Author

18 June 2018, 13:10

I rang customer care on 1905 last wednesday and they were less than helpful. I moved to meteor years ago from 3 as 3 had really bad customer care. Sad to see eir has now gone the same way!
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

18 June 2018, 13:43

I can completely understand your frustration, JD2018. Apologies I couldn't do much from here.

-Vaishali
  • Lindiana
    Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Lindiana has received from other members.

comments: 1

19 June 2018, 08:39

JD2018 I am in the same boat, new contract in June/July 2016 with two phones on the account. My early upgrade date was June 25th until last week when I logged in again and it said August 25th!! I rang customer service and was told that all early upgrade offers are cancelled because they have no phones in stock! Its an absolute joke.

Contract is up in August on my phone and November for my partners so i'll be going with another provider. The customer service is brutal and don't get me started on that online chat facility which is a joke of a service.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)