Why is porting my existing number to Eir so complicated? (Question)

Tags:
port , P2P ,

SKDP
Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation SKDP has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

26 June 2018, 13:55

I switched from Virgin Mobile to Eir under the assumption I would be able to take my existing number over, but to my surprise the number porting seems to be super complicated. Made 4 porting attempts with chat and phone support within the past two weeks, no luck yet, nobody can tell me why and just offers to file a new porting request.
When I switched to Virgin from iD Mobile (RIP), it took like 2 hours.
Anyone else having problems with porting their number to Eir from a carrier on the Three or Vodafone network? I have seen other posts here with people having similar issues. Could it have something to do with Virgin being on Three's network or is Eir generally bad at such things?

It's really inconvenient to be on a temporary phone number for such a long time.
  • eir Vaishalieir Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

comments: 2070
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

26 June 2018, 14:18

Hi there SKDP,

Sorry for the difficulties you've been gone through in regards to number porting. Can you please PM your mobile number? I'll look into this for you now.

-Vaishali
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Vaishali has received from other members.

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

29 June 2018, 10:20

Thanks for the details, SKDP.

I've looked into your account and can confirm that your port-in request has been successfully completed.

Let us know if you need anything else.

-Vaishali
  • Caio Andrade
    Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Caio Andrade has received from other members.

11 July 2018, 14:07

Hi I've been having the same problem, the lady told it'd take only an hour but nothing has happened. Can you please look into it for me?
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

11 July 2018, 14:19

Hi there Caio Andrade,

Can you please PM your mobile number or account number? I'd be more than happy to check this for you.

-Vaishali
  • SKDP
    Frequent Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation SKDP has received from other members.

Author

12 July 2018, 00:57

Hi Caio, worked for me after a few more calls/chats, but they definitely don't provide their customer support staff enough training on this.

If nobody asked you for the account number at your old provider you can be sure it won't work. Also, depending on if you are coming from a carrier on another network or not, it can take longer or shorter – up to 48 hours and only on weekdays. I would also recommend to ask for a reference number for your porting request.
  • malv

You can see here how much appreciation malv has received from other members.

12 July 2018, 15:32

We had eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK,eir Fibre &
    eir Vision Essential installed at the end of May.

We moved from Virgin Media.

Unfortunately our phone has never been activated. We have phoned Customer Service multiple times and each time were told it would be active in 2 days. It has never happened.

Can you please help get our number activated ?
    Community Moderator

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

eVision Guru

eVision Guru

13 July 2018, 10:05

Hi there Malv,

Can you please PM your account number, full name, full postal address and date of birth? I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

-Vaishali

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)