Why is the €50 cashback so complicated? (Question)

gijoe50000
Regular Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation gijoe50000 has received from other members.

comments: 1
Author

13 February 2018, 23:51

So, €50 cashback.. sounds straightforward. You'd think Eir would either knock it off your first bill, or send you a cheque or something. Instead it looks like they sign up with a 3rd party, who make the whole process so convoluted that I'm guessing a lot of people don't make it to the final round.

There's loads of "rounds", where if you don't respond, register, or do whatever, in 72 hours, you're out.

Call me paranoid or cynical, if you will, but it looks as if Eir corroborated with a dodgy company whose goal it is to make a percentage of people miss the 72 hour windows, and then they get a share of the "winnings". I've passed all the rounds so far, I think, and I'm hoping I'll get my dough in a few days, but my spidey senses definitely tingled a few times when going through the motions.
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51

14 February 2018, 13:18

Hi gijoe50000,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!
  • gijoe50000
    Regular Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation gijoe50000 has received from other members.

comments: 1
    Author

14 February 2018, 18:34

eir Thomas wrote:

Hi gijoe50000,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Huh? I'm not having any issues.. Just having a rant.
  • eir Thomaseir Thomas
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Thomas has received from other members.

comments: 51

16 February 2018, 14:54

Apologise, it was of my understanding you were experiencing issues with the €50 cashback

Thanks

Thomas
    To help speed our response, unsolicited PMs will not be answered and please include a link to your original post when sending private messages. Also, please remember to click on “this comment answers my question” if we have helped - Thank you!