No TV service for 23 days (Question)

Tags:

grainne5d
Occasional Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation grainne5d has received from other members.

comments: 0
Author

15 March 2017, 22:39

Two weeks ago last Monday I was due a visit from an Eir engineer. It was an AM appointment. It was my first day of holidays and I stayed in until 2.20 pm when your engineer phoned me. He said that he would not need to call as I didn't need a phone and anything he needed to be done could be done so remotely. The next day my TV was not working. I spend over an hour an a half on web chat with your technical support team to be told that they could not resolve the issue. An appointment was set up for the following Tuesday. Nobody came and I had to contact your company (I received no contact from you) The agent indicated that the appointment prior to mine over ran and that somebody would be with me the following day. Two engineers came the following day from KN Networks but they were unable to resolve the problem. It seems that Eir assigned two phone numbers to my account and consequently this affected my TV service. I spoke to another person in Eir who indicated that the problem would be resolved within 3 - 5 working days. It is now 5 working days later and I have not heard from you. ( I haven't had access to my phone since lunchtime today so if you have called me I am unaware of it.) In any case my TV is still not working, it has been over 2 weeks. This is unacceptable and the level of customer service afforded to me by Eir has been appalling. I need to know when my TV will be fixed and what your company is going to do for the high level of inconvenience caused. Subsequent to writing this mail I spent a further hour on the phone to an agent, an engineer came today. One of your agents assured him everything was fixed. I urged him to stay for a few minutes as I was not confident in your service. the error message came up again. He fixed it, waited again but the error message didn't appear immediately. I spoke to the agent and indicated that the message could come up after an hour, he was full of assurances but the error has appeared once more. To reiterate I have NEVER experienced such poor customer service in my entire adult life. I have mentioned it top a couple of people at work who are incredulous, I feel like this poor service should be made public, I am beyond frustrated. I am tired of your agents assurances but yet again ask for them requesting that you treat this matter as priority. Many thanks This is the e-mail I sent on the 10th of March. You indicated that I would have a response in 2 working days. I have received no contact. More importantly an engineer was due to call today. Nobody has called and I have had no contact from you. I have now been without TV service in excess of 3 weeks. It is inconceivable that your company could display such a level of unprofessionalism. This is the second appointment that an engineer has missed and I have been given countless assurances that the issue has been fixed but it hasn't. What am I supposed to do? I have spent many hours on webchat and waiting for engineers with no resolution in sight. Regards, Gráinne Subsequent to this e-mail I spent 45 minutes on webchat to your agent. He said there was no record of a recent conversation or of an appointment. I was onto Chris on webchat for an hour and a half on the 11th of March when this visit was scheduled. I am becoming more and more incredulous as time passes. What am I supposed to do? Regards, Grainne

This is the reponse I received today.

Dear Grainne,

I am contacting you in relation to your recent regards with eir TV Services.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused when you were trying to resolve the issues with the TV and also for the late reply.

Upon checking the account I can advise I will need to raise a fault with the technical team again and we will need to send engineer for it.

Please let us know where the fault needs to be raised and an engineer needs to be sent

I hope this email is of some assistance to you.

If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Please let us know where the fault needs to be raised and an engineer needs to be sent, Is this a serious question?
  • eir_shruthieir_shruthi
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_shruthi has received from other members.

comments: 467

16 March 2017, 15:10

Hi Grainne,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this has caused you feel this way. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with the service. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for the customer journey on this.

Can you PM your account number and the name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Shruthi.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)