'Lost email' (Solved)

Tags:

CMC
Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation CMC has received from other members.

comments: 5
Author

22 June 2013, 00:16

I'm completely confused here.  For some reason, for the first time ever, I did not receive any email for roughly two days.  I contacted Eircom via live chat and the Rep said that she had 'refreshed' my email account and to wait 20 minutes (giving me the Technician number 1890 260 260 to call if this did not work).  I did this and started getting today's email from that point onwards.  I did not, however, get any email from the past two days.  I called the number and got a guy who told me that my email capacity had been reached and that was why I didn't get any for the last two days.  I don't understand!  This never happened to me before and I have had a LOT more email at times.

I use Outlook and I thought that my mails were stored on my PC or laptop and not with Eircom.  I never use the Eircom page to read my mails but went in today and there were only 72 mails there - none recent and most from 2011.

Can somebody please explain -

1. How it works

2. Is there any way I can get the email I should have received in the last couple of days

I'd really appreciate any help.

Cathy

Solved. Read answer here:

Hi Cathy,

I am afraid that those e-mails were deleted from the server. We are hopeful that we we will move your e-mail address onto the updated webmail platform soon.

http://email.eircom.net/about/faqs/" target="_blank

Which has a much larger space capacity (5GB storage space)

Thanks, Mark

View original comment
  • eir Markeir Mark
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Mark has received from other members.

comments: 5459
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

24 June 2013, 10:30

Hi Cathy,

Sometimes when customers set up their eircom net e-mail address' on third party clients like outlook. The e-mails can be taken from the eircom server to that of the email programme.

Have you tried logging into your eircom mail directly on our website?

https://secure.eircom.net/email/" target="_blank

To see if the mail for those days are there.

Thanks, Mark

_________________________________________________________________________Common questions answered here!Click here to PM me
  • CMC
    Occasional Poster

You can see here how much appreciation CMC has received from other members.

comments: 5
    Author

24 June 2013, 12:45

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.  As you said, my emails are stored in Outlook so I don't usually check webmail.  I did check the other day and my 'missing' emails were not there.  Webmail had 72 emails and none of them were from 2013.  These have now been deleted and I have 49 new mails - starting last Friday.  So I don't know where my emails from Thursday are.  Ah well - gone forever, I guess :(

While I am a bit frustrated about the loss of mail it's not a HUGE deal.  What I found more frustrating was the fact that the guy I was dealing with couldn't get the fact that I don't have a limited amount of space as I'm using my own space here and cleared out  two years worth of emails a month ago.  I know Webmail has limits.  Correct me if I'm wrong - this should NOT impact my emails as they are stored on my harddrive?????

Thanks.

Cathy

• eir Markeir Mark
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir Mark has received from other members.

comments: 5459
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Answer

24 June 2013, 13:04

Hi Cathy,

I am afraid that those e-mails were deleted from the server. We are hopeful that we we will move your e-mail address onto the updated webmail platform soon.

http://email.eircom.net/about/faqs/" target="_blank

Which has a much larger space capacity (5GB storage space)

Thanks, Mark

_________________________________________________________________________Common questions answered here!Click here to PM me
  • Ellie
    Visitor

You can see here how much appreciation Ellie has received from other members.

comments: 1

21 September 2013, 15:33

Hi,

I ve just joined this forum as I have a problem with my eircom.net e mail account.

Last night when I opened my eircom e mail account my in box was completely. All of my e mails had disappeared. I have some very important information in these e mails. I need these for work and for 'life'.

Today when I opened my e mail there are only new e emails in the in box. None of the other boxes have been affected. What has happened and who do I contact in Eircom to solve this very major problem?

• eir Traceyeir Tracey

You can see here how much appreciation eir Tracey has received from other members.

comments: 1337
    Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

23 September 2013, 10:58

Hi Ellie,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having, the best people to contact is our support team on 1890 260 260 (option 0) They'll be able to help you with this issue.

Thanks

Tracey

• Debdeem

You can see here how much appreciation Debdeem has received from other members.

comments: 1

7 April 2017, 19:08

Hi,
    even though this is years later, I too have had the same problem. We operate off an eircom.net email and between March 19 and yesterday we received no emails. I went to the server last night and cleared off old emails but am missing some important stuff that should have come but didn't and, the big worry, emails that were sent that I am not aware of. Is there anyway to retreive emails that didn't reach the server or is there anyway of stopping this happening again.
  • eir_addyeir_addy
    Community Moderator

You can see here how much appreciation eir_addy has received from other members.

comments: 955
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Broadband Expert

Broadband Expert

10 April 2017, 11:52

Hi Debdeem,

Thanks for getting in touch & soryy to hear this.

If you ring our support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 they'll be able to assist you with the issues you're experiencing. You can also use this link here to chat with one of our live support agents & they can have this looked for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience & let us know how you get on.

-Addy

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)